Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK13 speeds

dl42
Aspirant

RBK13 speeds

What speeds are you seeing with Orbi RBK13?

I have devices connecting at 866Mbps but transfer speeds are around the 200Mbps mark.

Message 1 of 6
dl42
Aspirant

After numerous reset and reflashes as instructed by support they have just told me I should return it to where I bought it!

Message 2 of 6
CrimpOn
Guru

Please don't leave us hanging.  They said, "return it" because (a) this particular unit is defective, or (b) the RBR13 doesn't have the processing power to handle 866mb?

Message 3 of 6
dl42
Aspirant

I have asked support that question in a different way.....will a replacement set resolve the issue?   awaiting an answer.

I did run a performace test that has left me a little concerned on the processing power side.

ran iperf3 between a laptop to a desktop over ethernet cable and got 900+ Mbps - good, as to be expected for 1G connections.

put the orbi router effectively between the laptop and desktop via the ethernet cables using the second ethernet port on the orbi router and only saw 600Mbps.  repeated the tests numerous times and got consistent results.

Message 4 of 6
dl42
Aspirant

Lost the will to live with support!

Getting absolutely nowhere with them.

I do have a certain sympathy with the front line guys are they are clearly not being backed up by the higher levels of support/engineering when they do not have the information to answer the questions.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Contact one of the forum moderators if needed:

@Blanca_O 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation