Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK13 wifi disconnecting problems

Snir6590
Aspirant

RBK13 wifi disconnecting problems

Hello guys,

in the last few weeks im having some troubles with my ORBI RBK13 System(router is RBR40, and satellites is RBW30).

first problem is the wifi keeps disconnecting for 2-5 seconds and then comes back.

i would be glad if someone will help with this, it is very annoying.

Thanks alot !

Message 1 of 11
ekhalil
Master

This is probably caused by the Satellite connectivity issues introduced in v2.3.1.60 as well as 2.3.5.30. I used to do the following to get around this issue:

1. Switch off the both Satellite
  2. Go to Attached Devices in the web GUI and click on the "Disconnect" button beside both Satellites.
  3. Turn on the first Satellite and use a paper clip to factory reset the Satellite
  4. When the Satellite is up after factory reset, press the Sync button on the Satellite and then press Sync button on the Router
  5. When the Satellite is added after this procedure it should behave correctly.
  6. Repeat the same (Steps 3-4 above) for the second Satellite.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 11
Snir6590
Aspirant

Thank you for your replay.
I did exactly what you told.me step by step and its still disconnecting every time im playing somthing on my mobile phone, or browsing.
Another idea how to fix it ?
Message 3 of 11
ekhalil
Master

What is the make and model of the ISP modem/router to which Orbi is connected please?

Message 4 of 11
Snir6590
Aspirant

It is SAGEMCOM model f@st 3184
Message 5 of 11
ekhalil
Master

@Snir6590 wrote:
It is SAGEMCOM model f@st 3184

Your ISP modem is also a router and I think that this is the reason for the issues you're seeing. Having two routers and DHCP servers will cause many such issues.

You have two options:

1. Bridge the Sagemcom router. Look in the manual for something like QuickBridge or similar and follow instructions.
  2. Keep the Sagemcom as your main router nad set Orbi into AP mode. You can do this in the web GUI under >> ADVANCED >> Advanced >> Router / AP Mode

Message 6 of 11
Snir6590
Aspirant

Yesterday i tried to use the orbi router on AP mode but it still had wifi issues and disconnections.
maybe ill try to bridge the sagemom instead ?
Message 7 of 11
Snir6590
Aspirant

I tried to bridge both of them and i can confirm that the issue is still there.
My brother's computer is connected to the orbi with lan cable and he said that the router is disconnecting randmoly (also with wifi). What else could i do ? it is really frustrating since this is a very expensive setup..
Message 8 of 11
ekhalil
Master

@Snir6590 wrote:
My brother's computer is connected to the orbi with lan cable and he said that the router is disconnecting randmoly (also with wifi). ......

How do you notice the disconnections on a wired computer? Can you please explain the symptoms you see.

Message 9 of 11
Snir6590
Aspirant

Im still testing it but i have found couple of wierd thing :

I connected my ps4 to the orbi via wifi, and after almost 3 hours i can confirm that there were no disconnections while in my phone i had several disconnections. I also tried my ipad and no disconnections there. Also tried my brother's phone and there are disconnections like in my phone. (We both have one plus devices 7/7 pro running android 10). another thing worth mentioning is that i replaced the sagemcom router with a better model and the disconnections is coming from it directly (it is bridged). do you have any idea what couls Couse the problems ?
Message 10 of 11
ekhalil
Master

@Snir6590 wrote:
.........while in my phone i had several disconnections. I also tried my ipad and no disconnections there. Also tried my brother's phone and there are disconnections like in my phone........

When you say disconnections on the phone, do you mean that the wifi signal will disappear momentarily or only internet will disappear?

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7