Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK13 won't sync third satellite

MikefromPA
Aspirant

RBK13 won't sync third satellite

Backgound:  Firmware corruption in one of my old RBK13 satellites bricked it leaving me with one satellite and diminished coverage in one area of my home.  I purchased a brand new RBK13 system after searching online and finding that I should be able to add my remaining good satellite to the two that come with the new RBK13 .  I set up new RBK13 system with same SSID and password as the old one.  I successfully synched the two satellites that came with new system. 

I was unable to get the remaining good satellite from my old set to synch using normal methods.  I finally tried factory reset and then sync which did not work either.  I even tried sync by logging into router using web browser and trying from in there.  Satellite blinks white and finally just ends up with amber light.  I moved it about 8 feet away from the router for latest try so it is not a distance issue.

If anyone has the exact steps to do this I would really appreciate it.

Message 1 of 4
KevinLiT
NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBK13 won't sync third satellite

Hello MikefromPA,

Welcome to the NETGEAR Community!

I understand you are having issues syncing the last RBS10 in your wireless network to your RBR10.

Please reset your RBS10 the sync it while it is close to your RBR10. 

For more information about factory reset please navigate to the link below:
https://kb.netgear.com/31486/How-do-I-reset-my-Orbi-system-to-factory-default-settings

Best,
Kevin
Community Team

Message 2 of 4
MikefromPA
Aspirant

Thanks for responding.  I tried again per your request with the router and satellite located such that I both are just out of reach of my outstretched arms so 7 ft tops in same room with no obstructions.  I got same result, finally ending with amber light on satellite.  

Message 3 of 4
MikefromPA
Aspirant

I have tried the steps exactly as documented to sync.  For my last attempt I had the satellite about 8 inches away from the router.  I powered off one of the two connected routers and then tried my synch, still no joy.  I have factory reset the satellite a half dozen times or more so far.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7