Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK14 satellite won't allow authentication

CompServices
Follower

RBK14 satellite won't allow authentication

Good day folks, hope I'm in the right spot here. I have installed no less than a dozen ORbi RBK kits mostly three packs and this one 4 pack. All worked fine except this one issue on the RBK14...

AND IT IS A RBK14 — Orbi AC1200 Dual-Band Mesh WiFi System 4 pack

So it seemed all was well and later in the day my client called and said that no one coming over could connect to the system while in the den. The response was incorrectPassword I on thier device. 

So I went back and removed the wifi SSID from my phone and then attemted to connect. I was already connected from the previous setup earlier in the day. Indeed after entering the Wifi paswword I was met with incorrect password! Hmmmm. 

So I went out of that room and closer to the next orbi cube, tried to connect and it did as soon as I hit the button. 

I did the same thing with his phone and bam, connected right away. So this baffles me, we can connect devices anywhere but close to just one cube. 

And the wifi works fine while your in the vacinity of that cube once connected. 

I tried re-syncing that cube which it did just fine, light is solid blue. Firmware is up to date. No fix. 

Any ideas? 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK14 satellite won't allow authentication

@CompServices wrote:

I tried re-syncing that cube which it did just fine, light is solid blue. Firmware is up to date. No fix. 

Any ideas? 

This appears to be a new installation, which should qualify for Netgear's 90 days of "complimentary support".  (I find this humerous because obviously is included in the price-- i.e. "paid for").  That satellite might be defective and need to be replaced.  You might try (a) switch the position of two satellites and see if the problem follows that one unit, and (b) do a manual firmware update (to the same release) on that satellite.

Depending on where it was purchased from, the RBK14 might be "returnable". (Amazon, Costco, etc.)

Message 2 of 3
Olaf333
Aspirant

Re: RBK14 satellite won't allow authentication

Netgear's new Orbi RBK13 ($229.99) is the company's most affordable Wi-Fi mesh system to date. There's a reason for that: It eschews many of the features that you get with more expensive Orbi systems, most notably aessuccess backhaul band and LAN ports on the satellite nodes. It's a breeze to install and provides age-level parental controls, but you'll have to pay extra for advanced parental controls and network security utilities. Most important, it can't match the feature set and throughput performance of our Editors' Choice, the TP-Link Deco M9 Plus.

Model: AC327U|3G USB Modem/HSUPA
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7