Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 +2S disconnects inc wired Pc

JKHerbert
Tutor

Re: RBK20 +2S disconnects inc wired Pc

PS - these recommendations didn't suggest turning the transmit power down.    Nor using the static DSN 8.8.8.8  

Thoughts?

Message 26 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

I would leave the power settings at default first, as well as let DNS auto detect ISP DNS for now. Later on you can change to say, Quad 1s and 9s. Try auto for now. 

Message 27 of 33
JKHerbert
Tutor

Well that didn't work.  Wired PC wouldn't connect either.  Now talking to Support.  Will update if we figure anything out.

PS - Support suggested setting WAN MTU Size to 1468

Message 28 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, MTU could help I guess. You might ask the ISP if they have a MTU value requirement setting. I know most cable ISPs use 1500, DSL 1492 or 1472. Fiber, not sure. 

@JKHerbert wrote:

Well that didn't work.  Wired PC wouldn't connect either.  Now talking to Support.  Will update if we figure anything out.

PS - Support suggested setting WAN MTU Size to 1468

Message 29 of 33
JKHerbert
Tutor

Support has decided to replace the router.  Hopefully, that solves all my problems.  AND if not, I will start another thread.  😉

Thanks, @FURRYe38  and @vajim, for all your help.

Message 30 of 33
JKHerbert
Tutor

New Orbi RBR20 arrived in 14 hours (kudos to FedEx) and system is working flawlessly.  I haven't had to make any adjustments to the default configuration. 

Thanks again all for your support.

Message 31 of 33
vajim
Master

@JKHerbert wrote:

New Orbi RBR20 arrived in 14 hours (kudos to FedEx) and system is working flawlessly.  I haven't had to make any adjustments to the default configuration. 

Thanks again all for your support.

Nice work

If you feel your issue is resolved you can mark this thread as such.

Take care

Message 32 of 33
JKHerbert
Tutor

Already did - I think. 

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation