Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 - Orbi Log-in Fail and no option to reinstall

gmsteeds
Follower

RBK20 - Orbi Log-in Fail and no option to reinstall

Hi people,

Far passed the point of frustration. Since a couple of days, my RBK20 router has stopped working.

I've been trying to reinstall several times, but the iPhone app doesn't recognize my credentials (incorrect PW - which is obviously not the case).

The router and (1) satellite are connected, it's just that it doesn't allow me to complete the network setup.
A complete new installation hasn't worked so far, since every time it needs the app to get a safe home network. What I've been trying:

i) Full new setup and resets, many times

ii) Trying to access the router through its IP-address; Resulted in a complete setup, but not accessible since it was unsafe and couldn't be used

iii) Updated all firmware

Really not sure what else I can do. Any help is much appreciated.

Gideon

Message 1 of 3
ekhalil
Master

Re: RBK20 - Orbi Log-in Fail and no option to reinstall

@gmsteeds wrote:

ii) Trying to access the router through its IP-address; Resulted in a complete setup, but not accessible since it was unsafe and couldn't be used

What do you mean by "since it was unsafe and couldn't be used"? If you refer to the "unsecure" warning that you get from your browser, then you can just accept an exception and continue or use http not https to access the IP address of Orbi, you can also just use orbilogin.com and you will be automatically directed to the Orbi IP address of the router.

For the Orbi phone app, if it has been configured previously with another password, then I think that you need to uninstall the app and install it again to be prompted for the password again.

Good luck 🙂

Message 2 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK20 - Orbi Log-in Fail and no option to reinstall

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too? 

Try a factory reset on the Orbi router and wire connect a PC to the back of the router and use a web browser and navigate to orbilogin.com and walk thru the setup wizard here. 

@gmsteeds wrote:

Hi people,

Far passed the point of frustration. Since a couple of days, my RBK20 router has stopped working.

I've been trying to reinstall several times, but the iPhone app doesn't recognize my credentials (incorrect PW - which is obviously not the case).

The router and (1) satellite are connected, it's just that it doesn't allow me to complete the network setup.
A complete new installation hasn't worked so far, since every time it needs the app to get a safe home network. What I've been trying:

i) Full new setup and resets, many times

Really not sure what else I can do. Any help is much appreciated.

Gideon

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7