Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK20 add satellite

PedroAlmeida
Aspirant

RBK20 add satellite

Hello everyone!

I have an ORBI RBK20 "Kit" with an RBR20 router and a RBS20 satellite. I need an extra satellite. What should be the best option? RBS50/RBS50y? is it compatible?

Thanks

Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK20 add satellite

The satellites will work with any of the routers. The only downfall is the rbr20's only support 866mbps backhaul. 

https://kb.netgear.com/000038220/What-are-the-hardware-specifications-of-the-available-Orbi-WiFi-Sys...

Message 2 of 5
PedroAlmeida
Aspirant

Thanks for your very fast answer.

Can you tell me if its better to buy a RBK50 kit, (almost same price than 1 RBS50) and use one of my RBS20?

If buying that "kit" i will have at home 1 RBR50, 1RBS50 and 1RBS20 that is probably better/faster than 1 RBR20, 1 RBS20 and a RBS50, correct?

Tnaks again

Message 3 of 5
plemans
Guru

You are correct in that the RBR50, rbs50, and rbs20 will give you better capabilities than going with the rbr20, rbs20, rbs50. 

Without actual testing at your location, its hard to tell how much actual improvement you'll see as a lot is device dependant, house dependant, and how you're hooking up the backhaul. If you have the option of a wired backhaul, it negates the increased backhaul in the more expensive system. There's still a little processor and other spec bumps that the rbr50 sees as well. If its a $20 difference, I'd do the upgrade. If its $100, I'd be less tempted. 

Message 4 of 5
PedroAlmeida
Aspirant

Thank you so much!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements