Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK20 and HomeKit issues

phis5533
Guide

RBK20 and HomeKit issues

Hello everbody,

I just bought a set RBK20 (RBR20 + RBS20), respectively at the levels of FW
V2.6.1.36 and V2.6.1.38.
My RBR20 is connected by WAN directly to the Orange France ISP fiber ONT and configured to connect without the TV.
Everything is working properly except my Homekit devices, whether they are electrical outlets, my roller shutters, cameras, Hue, etc.
Indeed, 2 times out of 3 when I question my Home application, some are noted "not responding", and this in a random way, both locally and outside my network.
My devices are in iOS14, my Apple hub are HomePod and AppleTV4K.

While trying to find out about this site, I read some problems, normally solved since FW 2.1.4.16, which is not my case.
I have tried modifications like the ones described in this post:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Netgear-Orbi-and-HomeKit-Issues/m-p/1654959/thread-id/44026

Today my configuration the most stable is :

20/40Mhz cohabitation : uncheck

CTS/RTS threshold : 2307 both 5GHz & 2,4GHz.

Long preamble 

Daisy Chain : uncheck

Beamforming : check

Mu-Mimo : check

Fast Roaming :check

Should I downgrade my FWs to 2.1.4.16?

Please help me solve this huge problem.

Philippe

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Try a factory reset and setup from scratch. If this fails, downgrade back to v16 if that worked for you. 

Message 2 of 4
phis5533
Guide

Hello @FURRYe38 

thank you for your advices.

I did an "out of the box" install after updating to the latest FW and I didn't work without "no response" in the Home App.

Downgrading from the latest FW to a FW that have almost 2 years old is not a solution to me, regarding security or general improvement.

I don't know what I will do now, maybe try to fine tune again RTS/CTS etc... to make it work, and wait for a FW correction from Netgear.

And if it don't come, I will probably change my system to a eero or a velop one.

Thank you again.

Have a nice day.

Philipe

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

v16 is not two years old. 

I recommend contact NG support and get additional help and information regarding this. Let them know what your having problems with. 

Good Luck. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7