Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK22 & CM1100 - Internet not connected

RLS805
Aspirant

RBK22 & CM1100 - Internet not connected

I have same/similar issue previous solution didn't change anything.

COX cable internet provider. 150mps

here's what I have after following instructions: 

App says:

Cables connected, ORBI shows blue ring.

wireless connection -   "connected to ORBI + no internet connection"

Physical plug into additional ethernet port on ORBI and can make wired internet connection.

I have NG CM1100 cablemodem up and running. Plugged into it:

LAN 1 yellow ethernet cable to Orbi yellow internet port

Coax from outside cable box 

Power plugged in

Orbi RBK22 has:

Power plugged in

cable plugged into yellow internet port

My computer/mobile / APP shows:

Network (connected)

ORBI34 (no internet, secured)

I can occasionally get internet connection but then it drops.   Can't get my laptop to connect wirelessly at all.  AND it doesn't have an ethernet port.  

Help!   Multiple reboots,  latest update installed on ORBI.   

ORBI did work with COX cable panoramic modem.  I didn't want to pay for a router from cox that I wouldn't be using and had ORBI setup working just fine.

Model: CM1100|Nighthawk Multi-Gig Speed Cable Modem—DOCSIS 3.1
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap out LAN cables between the CM and RBR as a test as well. It should connect up fine after the Reset. Possible that RBR has kept old modem info and is not releasing it after a reboot. Thus a reset maybe needed here. 

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 11

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

Power OFF both RBR and CM for 1 minute. Be sure you are connected to the #1 LAN port on the CM modem. Not any of the other ports. Those ports are meant for other ISP services. Or if you have a ling aggregation router which the Orbi doesn't support. Just connect the RBRs yellow LAN port to LAN Port #1 on the CM modem. Power ON the CM modem and let it sync. Be sure your CM modem was associated with the ISP services as well. 

Power ON the RBR router. The top ring LED should blink WHITE, the maybe slow plusate WHITE, then turn BLUE, then it will turn OFF. 

Test with a wired PC connected to the RBR. Get internet here? IF not, try a factory reset with the RBR. PRess the reset button for 15 seconds then let go. Walk thru the setup wizard with the wired PC. 

Message 2 of 11
RLS805
Aspirant

I have done all that you stated,  except the factory reset on the ORBI.  Will give that a try.   ORBI was working fine for 2 years until I introduced CM1100 this weekend.

Message 3 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Swap out LAN cables between the CM and RBR as a test as well. It should connect up fine after the Reset. Possible that RBR has kept old modem info and is not releasing it after a reboot. Thus a reset maybe needed here. 

Message 4 of 11
RLS805
Aspirant

Curious internet works with wired connection but not wireless.    Do you still think it's the old modem settings affecting wireless?

Message 5 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

I would reset and walk thru the setup wizard again and see if wireless can be resolved. Seems like your half way there. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO(MIMO may or maynot be needed) and WMM. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 6 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Any progress on this? 

@RLS805 wrote:

Curious internet works with wired connection but not wireless.    Do you still think it's the old modem settings affecting wireless?

Message 7 of 11
RLS805
Aspirant

I was waiting a couple days to see if things continued to work.  Ultimately, the factory reset of ORBI is what it took to get wireless internet to work.   It took another day to get laptop to connect wirelessly + get internet.  Laptop took clearing and renewing dns + factory reset on network card.

So far we have success on all roku connected devices for 2 days. Laptop 1 day.  ATT mobile ok. One mobile (verizon) keeps connecting and then dropping internet.  .  need to work through that issue, to get house fully back up.

Thank you for your advice and help!

Message 8 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Glad its working now. Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 9 of 11
RLS805
Aspirant

Spoke too soon.  Had to reboot modem and all internet connection lost to router again.  Any number of factory resets didn't clear it up.  It's proving too difficult to get 2 pieces of electronics from the same manufacturer to work together.  I'm returning the CM1100.  Have the old modem up and running, router has internet access again.

Message 10 of 11
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible the CM modem was faulty. 

Glad the prior modem is working. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@RLS805 wrote:

Spoke too soon.  Had to reboot modem and all internet connection lost to router again.  Any number of factory resets didn't clear it up.  It's proving too difficult to get 2 pieces of electronics from the same manufacturer to work together.  I'm returning the CM1100.  Have the old modem up and running, router has internet access again.

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7