Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK23 Ethernet Back Haul VS RBK53

themumbler8
Aspirant

RBK23 Ethernet Back Haul VS RBK53

I am looking to get a Orbi System for my new home and had a couple of questions regarding the performance of Different Orbi models. 

Would the RBK23 with a wired back haul perform the same as a RBK53?

Besides the Ethernet port difference between the two models there is a Ram and Flash memory difference (4GB Flash and 512MB RAM on the RBK50, 256MB Flash and 512 RAM on the RBK20) witch I don’t know if it would make a difference in performance. They have the same Front haul performance, but I can’t seem to find an answer to if I where to wire the Orbi Satellites together, would the models perform the same.

If I add a RBS20 via Ethernet Back Haul to a RBK53 system would i see a loss in performance?

I know if you add a RBS20 to a RBK50 system on the wireless backhaul, the whole system would drop to the performance of the RBS20 speed because of the Wireless backhaul speed. Would that still be the case if I used a wired back haul? 

I know the main strength of the Orbi systems is that you don't have to run ethernet to get high wireless speeds, but my current home already has Ethernet run to most rooms. I can usually find my answers by googling but for some reason I just can’t find this specific answer.

Thanks in advance.

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

Re: RBK23 Ethernet Back Haul VS RBK53

@themumbler8 wrote:

If I add a RBS20 via Ethernet Back Haul to a RBK53 system would i see a loss in performance?

You won't lose performance with wired backhaul.  Think of wireless backhaul as a poor man wired backhaul.  Gig-Ethernet backhaul will always perform better than wireless backhaul.  Given fronthaul is same for all, you're all set.  Good luck!

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 8

All Replies
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@themumbler8 wrote:

You won't lose performance with wired backhaul.  Think of wireless backhaul as a poor man wired backhaul.  Gig-Ethernet backhaul will always perform better than wireless backhaul.  Given fronthaul is same for all, you're all set.  Good luck!

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

When any Orbi AC series wired back haul, the connection rate will always be 1000Mbps. 

Wireless back haul on 50 series systems will be 1733Mpbs.

Wireless back haul on 40 series and below will be 866Mbps. 

Wired LAN will always out perform wireless. 

@themumbler8 wrote:

I am looking to get a Orbi System for my new home and had a couple of questions regarding the performance of Different Orbi models. 

Besides the Ethernet port difference between the two models there is a Ram and Flash memory difference (4GB Flash and 512MB RAM on the RBK50, 256MB Flash and 512 RAM on the RBK20) witch I don’t know if it would make a difference in performance. They have the same Front haul performance, but I can’t seem to find an answer to if I where to wire the Orbi Satellites together, would the models perform the same.

I know if you add a RBS20 to a RBK50 system on the wireless backhaul, the whole system would drop to the performance of the RBS20 speed because of the Wireless backhaul speed. Would that still be the case if I used a wired back haul? 

I know the main strength of the Orbi systems is that you don't have to run ethernet to get high wireless speeds, but my current home already has Ethernet run to most rooms. I can usually find my answers by googling but for some reason I just can’t find this specific answer.

Thanks in advance.

Message 3 of 8
themumbler8
Aspirant

Thanks for the reply.

Would you say RBK23 setup with a eathernet back haul would perform the same as a RBK53?

Message 4 of 8
SW_
Prodigy
Prodigy

@themumbler8 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Would you say RBK23 setup with a eathernet back haul would perform the same as a RBK53?

I would think so because both models have the same fronthaul and Quad-Core 710MHz processor.  The performance difference between them is their respective wireless backhaul.  Since your setup is Gig-Ethernet backhaul, they're aslo same.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Yes, 

@themumbler8 wrote:

Thanks for the reply.

Message 6 of 8
themumbler8
Aspirant

Thanks everyone. This information was exactly what i was looking for. 

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Good Luck and Enjoy. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements