Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK23

NANCEDAWN
Follower

RBK23

I bumped the modem and it dropped maybe 1 foot to a shelf. Later discovered I had no internet. The main unit glows pink and it shows it is not connected to internet. I have started over with set up, changed cables and everything else I can think of to get internet. It acts like it has connected and then nothing. HELP. Nothing explains why the unit is glowing "pink".

Model: CBR40|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Cable Modem Router
Message 1 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK23

Are you sure it isn't amber?

More details are needed though.

What are all the led's on the front doing? (color, blinking, solid, etc)

You're able to access the gui from the browser? If so, can you log into the connections page for the modem part of it? What does it show? (screen snip preferably)

If you contact your ISP are they able to see the connection to the modem?

Is the wifi broadcasting? 

Devices are able to connect over ethernet to the router?

Have you tried disconnecting and reseating the coax cable? Maybe that was damaged/loosened in the fall.

Here's the support site that has access to the manual that has info on leds and ring light led meanings. It also has troubleshooting. 

https://www.netgear.com/support/product/CBK40.aspx

Unfortunately, the fancier equipment gets, the more sensitive it gets. it might have seemed like a small fall but it doesn't take a lot to break delicate electronics. Hopefully its a simple fix/problem but there's always the potential something snapped off/broke internally from the fall. 

Message 2 of 3
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK23

You put rbk23 in title and cbr40 underneath. Which is it? I was going off the CBR40

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7