Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK30 - RBW30 Disconnecting from router

LAZii
Follower

RBK30 - RBW30 Disconnecting from router

First time using Netgear community and couldn't find any discussion similar to my issue. I purchased this RBK30 combo few months ago and the RBW30 satelite is playing up (was working fine previously), I had to power off the unit during electric work since then the satelite has issue connecting with the router. I had tried reseting it 8 times and I'm getting same results. I'm suspecting the radio module is faulty.

When I reset it and start sync/peer with the router, it will show poor connectivity even though they are only 2 metres apart, then eventually it will be in disconnected state and stays disconnected. Even if I was able to get it peered up, when i move the satelite to a room less than 10m away it cannot contact the router.

I know the router unit is working because all devices are connected to it and working.

I don't want to try updating the firmware on the satelite because it might disconnect during the process and corrupt.

I've contacted the store to see if I can get a replacement satelite but in the meantime I want to know if anyone else had this issue.

Model: RBW30|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Add-on Satellite
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK30 - RBW30 Disconnecting from router

I would get a replacement RBW. 

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
30 feet is recommended in between RBR and RBW to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

@LAZii wrote:

First time using Netgear community and couldn't find any discussion similar to my issue. I purchased this RBK30 combo few months ago and the RBW30 satelite is playing up (was working fine previously), I had to power off the unit during electric work since then the satelite has issue connecting with the router. I had tried reseting it 8 times and I'm getting same results. I'm suspecting the radio module is faulty.

When I reset it and start sync/peer with the router, it will show poor connectivity even though they are only 2 metres apart, then eventually it will be in disconnected state and stays disconnected. Even if I was able to get it peered up, when i move the satelite to a room less than 10m away it cannot contact the router.

I know the router unit is working because all devices are connected to it and working.

I don't want to try updating the firmware on the satelite because it might disconnect during the process and corrupt.

I've contacted the store to see if I can get a replacement satelite but in the meantime I want to know if anyone else had this issue.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7