Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK33 Disconnecting

Koneio
Aspirant

RBK33 Disconnecting

Just to clarify something, I could not find my Orbi Model so I put the closest name. My actual model is Orbi RBK33. I've had this model for a long time now and I've always had problems I just didn't know where to look for solutions. I've tried looking at other discussions and trying to contact support (but I don't know where to locate my model serial number). So my problem is that every single day every 10-20 minutes my Sattelite closest to my room goes Magenta or Blue and just disconnects. I'll be in the middle of a game or just doing anything on the internet and it drops out of nowhere every few minutes it is very annoying. My three other sattelites, One being very close to my router in my kitchen doesn't ever glow magenta then my second one after that is close to my Sister and Dads room. Mine is by my door and disconnects very often also just to add on my apartment condo is 1500 sq ft so the connection should be able to reach. Also to note the distance between my first and second sattelite is much longer than the second and the one by my door. I've tried restarting the wifi, synching them, and switching spots. Nothing ever really works I just keep getting disconnections every few minutes. One last thing I tested speeds right next to all the sattelites and I get 275mbps at the closest one to the router, second one 200, and the third one (by my door) I got 20-40 so I don't understand why there is so much drop off when the second and third one are only like 10-15 feet apart.

Color it normally goes (and disconnects)Color it normally goes (and disconnects)Color it goes after it goes Magenta ( The other satellites barely ever do this)Color it goes after it goes Magenta ( The other satellites barely ever do this)

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
plemans
Guru

Re: RBK33 Disconnecting

You might get better assistant (and have the proper model) by posting in the orbi forum and not the nighthawk AX forum. 

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/bd-p/Orbi

Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

You can find other speed diagnosis steps in the community faq: https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi-AX/Community-FAQ-My-Orbi-speeds-are-slow-inconsistent-and-don-...

@Koneio wrote:

Just to clarify something, I could not find my Orbi Model so I put the closest name. My actual model is Orbi RBK33. I've had this model for a long time now and I've always had problems I just didn't know where to look for solutions. I've tried looking at other discussions and trying to contact support (but I don't know where to locate my model serial number). So my problem is that every single day every 10-20 minutes my Sattelite closest to my room goes Magenta or Blue and just disconnects. I'll be in the middle of a game or just doing anything on the internet and it drops out of nowhere every few minutes it is very annoying. My three other sattelites, One being very close to my router in my kitchen doesn't ever glow magenta then my second one after that is close to my Sister and Dads room. Mine is by my door and disconnects very often also just to add on my apartment condo is 1500 sq ft so the connection should be able to reach. Also to note the distance between my first and second sattelite is much longer than the second and the one by my door. I've tried restarting the wifi, synching them, and switching spots. Nothing ever really works I just keep getting disconnections every few minutes. One last thing I tested speeds right next to all the sattelites and I get 275mbps at the closest one to the router, second one 200, and the third one (by my door) I got 20-40 so I don't understand why there is so much drop off when the second and third one are only like 10-15 feet apart.

Color it normally goes (and disconnects)Color it normally goes (and disconnects)Color it goes after it goes Magenta ( The other satellites barely ever do this)Color it goes after it goes Magenta ( The other satellites barely ever do this)

Message 3 of 5
Koneio
Aspirant

Sorry for the late response. How do you check the firmware? As well as is there a way to choose between 2.4 ghz and 5 ghz? My connection has been dropping badly during the day since my family uses the wifi as well. Every 2-3 minutes It'll fully disconect. Is it good if the sattellites are 30 feet or more away from each other or should they be the closest they can to each other?

Message 4 of 5
Koneio
Aspirant

Hello, I have also just found out my Desktop does not show as a device in attached devices to the WiFi. Also, my firmware is V2.5.1.22

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7