Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK33 not getting full speed

w0001
Aspirant

RBK33 not getting full speed

Hi. I've set up my orbi router and sattelites in a new home with a 300mbps plan from xfinity. When running the speed test in orbilogin.com I get around 350mbps which is great. When I test on devices over wifi right next to the main router, I can't pass 190mbps for some reason over 5GHz (80Mhz). I enabled beamforming, disabled daisychain, and scanned other networks around to make sure that ours was the only using channel 48. At my last house, I had an 80mbps plan and I got the full 80mbps over wifi all over the house. I originllay thought this was an ISP problem, but after doing the speedtest on orbilogin.com and getting more than the full 300mbps, I can only assume this is a problem with the orbi system. I use fast.com for my speedtests and the xfinity speed test comes up with the same result. Please help! Thanks ❤️

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBK33 not getting full speed

Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.

Enable MU-MIMO, WMM, and Implicit BeamForming. 
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

What are the speed results with a wired PC or laptop connected behind the RBR?

What wireless devices are you using to speed test? 

Try using Ooklas installable speed test app to compare on both wired and wireless devices. 

Install wifisweetspots app on your wireless devices to see what the connect rate is between the RBR and your wireless devices. Turn OFF the RBS before testing this. 

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

Message 2 of 4
w0001
Aspirant

Router Firmware Version: V2.5.1.22

Modem: Arris SB6190

Sattelites are about 30 ft awat from router

I dont have an ethernet port on my mbp to connect to the router for a speed test. Is the speed test from orbilogin.com not from the wired connection from the modem to router? 

I tried ookla and got the same test speed from fast.com and xfinity speed test (190mbps).

190mbps speed is constat throughout the house and directly next to main router. I don't think this is a signal strength problem and am not interested in going down that rabbit hole...

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.

Enable MU-MIMO, WMM, and Implicit BeamForming. 
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7