Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Orbi 2.1.2 beta manual update?

rDozer
Aspirant

RBK40 - Orbi rebooting at specific times throughout the day

Hey guys, I've been having issues with my Orbi system for awhile now and been trying to find fixes but nothing has worked. My router and satellite will reboot everyday at 9:46pm on the dot. I found a thread about a Beta 2.1.2 manual firmware update but when I followed the links to download the files, I get to a page that asks for a file code. And when trying to input a file code, it says it no longer exists. Anyone know where I can find these files? Or any tips on how to fix my issue? Thanks!

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System, RBS40| Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi (Add-on Satellite)
Message 1 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 8
rDozer
Aspirant

Furry I've posted a thread before and got the same exact response you just posted. I tried the things you recommended with no success. If you read my OP, I found what seemed to be a good solution but the download page is no longer there. Any information on that ?

Message 3 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Message 4 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @rDozer

The 2.1.2 is a previous beta firmware for the RBK50. If I'm not mistaken you have an RBK40, correct? Would you mind telling us what FW your Orbi's are currently on? 

~Christian 

Message 5 of 8
rDozer
Aspirant

On the netgear Orbi login page where I can access my settings, under firmware it says that I have RBS40 and RBR40, but I couldn't find those models on the dropdown menu when I did the original post. On that page though, it says that I have 2.1.4.16 firmware version for both devices.

Message 6 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

You have the latest FW for the 40 series Orbi system, You can check here to see if they have a beta available though I'm not sure if they have one ready yet:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Looking-for-a-select-group-of-Orbi-Community-members-that-are/...

@rDozer wrote:

On the netgear Orbi login page where I can access my settings, under firmware it says that I have RBS40 and RBR40, but I couldn't find those models on the dropdown menu when I did the original post. On that page though, it says that I have 2.1.4.16 firmware version for both devices.

Message 7 of 8
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@rDozer

I have sent you a message. Please check your inbox. 

~Christian 

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7