Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 Satellite Switch Performance?

simoneves
Tutor

RBK40 Satellite Switch Performance?

I am considering buying an Orbi RBK40 system. I plan to have two computers and a Synology NAS in my office, wired to the Orbi Satellite, communicating with the Base on the other side of the house where the cable modem is (and currently my regular Wi-Fi router and the NAS).

Does anyone have a feel for how performant the Sateliite unit is as a switch, in terms of bandwidth between the computers and the NAS. I believe the ports are Gigabit, as are all the devices I would connect to it, but I would want the highest local wired performance (to make more use of the NAS for photo libraries etc.)

Happy to buy a small separate Gigabit switch if necessary, but not if I don't have to.

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
st_shaw
Master

Re: RBK40 Satellite Switch Performance?

I get full gigabit throughput between two devices wired to the same Orbi switch. (That's ~940 Mbps)

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
st_shaw
Master

I get full gigabit throughput between two devices wired to the same Orbi switch. (That's ~940 Mbps)

Message 2 of 4
simoneves
Tutor

Thanks! 🙂
Message 3 of 4
st_shaw
Master

I suppose I should clarify that I am using an RBK50.  I think the routers are the same but the satellites are different. I wouldn't expect the switch speed to differ though.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7