Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK40 Slow Website on wifi, fast speedtest

Bestia
Aspirant

RBK40 Slow Website on wifi, fast speedtest

Hey everyone,

im using the Orbi WiFi System for a few month now. Latetly my Orbi asked me to update the firmware which is now V2.1.4.16.

Im currently running the system without any satellites. Starting a bit after the update I experienced extremely slow website loading via all Wifi devices. On Phone the Apps (Email, Facebook, Instagram, Browser) are extremly slow even when the speedtest on wifi devices is on average 40-60 MB/s.

For now this could have been only refactored on Mobilephones (3 iPhones) since no other valid wifi device is reachable right now.

Ethernet still works like a charm.

I already tried playing around with the wifi settings with even lowering the CTS/RTS Threshold and disabling / enabling MU-MIMO, Fast Roaming & BEAMFORMING - nothing helped so far.

Anyone got similar problems or a fix in mind? I would be so grateful (especially because my girlfriend wouldnt complain all day long 🙂 ) Regards from Germany.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the IP modem the Orbi is connected too?

I would do a factory reset of the router since you updated and set up from scratch.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4
Bestia
Aspirant

Thanks for that fast answer. Actually I havent thought about doing a complete reset after the last update - which I just did now. I also set the Channels to 11 & 48

Sadly I got huge neighbour wifi traffic, see the screenshot below. Im connected to telekom speedport smart.

Ill monitor if the reset fixed my problem and get back to you later. Thanks so far

unknown.png

Unbenannt.PNG

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Smiley Wink

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos