Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 backhaul status poor

pratick
Aspirant

RBK40 backhaul status poor

Hay guys I own an RBK40 Orbi WiFi system with 1 satellite.

I have positioned satellite 20 ft away from router with direct line of sight. Sill the backhaul status is poor.

Tried resetting the router still the same issue.

Current firmware: V2.5.1.22

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK40 backhaul status poor

20 feet is too close between the RBR and RBS. 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected. https://kb.netgear.com/000036466/How-far-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite-from-my-Orbi-router

Has a power OFF of the RBR and RBS for 30 seconds since last FW update been performed? 

Message 2 of 4
pratick
Aspirant

Don't remember if the there has been a 30 s outage.

Did tried to increase the distanse to increase the distance further, had to put it on the other side of a wall and with that the connect breaks altogether.

Not sure what is the issue.

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@pratick wrote:

Hay guys I own an RBK40 Orbi WiFi system with 1 satellite.

I have positioned satellite 20 ft away from router with direct line of sight. Sill the backhaul status is poor.

Tried resetting the router still the same issue.

Current firmware: V2.5.1.22

There have been reports of slow WIFI on certain firmware versions.

The current official version is 2.5.1.16. I'm not sure if this may be your problem, but it's possible. 

You can get the files by typing in your model on this NG download website:

https://www.netgear.com/support/download/

Check the following settings as well:

Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode, Enable WMM, Implicit BeamForming, MU-MIMO. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7