Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK40 can't reach Gigabit Internet speeds over PPPoE

neilioio
Aspirant

RBK40 can't reach Gigabit Internet speeds over PPPoE

I've been trying for a few days now to get my Orbi RBK40 to reach the full speed of my fibre connection (1 Gigabit down, 960 up). I've tested the line using the modem provided by my ISP and it does reach that speed, so I know the issue is with the Orbi and not with the ISP or the wire.

I found some posts here that said I needed to do a full factory reset and make sure to skip the speed test, which I did but no luck. The fastest I can reach with the Orbi is around 600 up and down.

Does anyone know of another workaround or fix for this? Some forums I've read said the Orbis just can't do gigabit over PPPoE, but I'm not sure if that's true, or if I'm just missing something. 

I'm running the latest firmware, and both the modem and my computer are connected via ethernet with WiFi turned off.

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What FW is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Others are seeing similar issues on PPPoE:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/ORBI-used-as-Gateway-Slower-than-1GB-Connection/td-p/1698170/j...

Message 2 of 6
neilioio
Aspirant

I'm running 2.2.1.210.

The Orbi is connected to a TP-link media converter which is using my ISP's SFP tranceiver and VLAN35.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

This is someting I would file a support ticket for and have NG connect debug logs from your system to review:

https://www.netgear.com/mynetgear/registration/login.aspx

Message 4 of 6
Blanca_O
NETGEAR Moderator

Hi @neilioio

Please check your inbox. 

Regards, 
Blanca 
Community Team

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes with NG support. 

@neilioio wrote:
I'm running 2.2.1.210.

The Orbi is connected to a TP-link media converter which is using my ISP's SFP tranceiver and VLAN35.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7