Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 connect to internet issue

TimFung
Aspirant

RBK40 connect to internet issue

Hi all,
I have a Orbi RBK40 connected to satellite which placed at the next next room. Most of the time, I have no problem on using the WiFi. However, sometimes while I am surfing the internet with mobile/ computer, the network would suddenly disconnect and require few minutes to connect again automatically.
May I ask what’s the problem and solution?

Thank you!
Message 1 of 5
vajim
Master

Re: RBK40 connect to internet issue

need more info

how far is the sat from the router?

color on the router and sat?

how far is the mobile/ computer (laptop?) from the sat or router?

Message 2 of 5
TimFung
Aspirant

Amend: satellite at next room

Sat & router are 7 feet apart( through 1 wall).
Both router & sat show white light on the round top.
I’ve installed the orbi app, the router is green light while sat is orange.
When it is good, I can use mobile/ computer all around at home (4-5meter away from router/ sat is ok). Sometimes it just “suddenly“ interrupt the internet connection and reconnect after few minutes (may be 7 feet from sat).
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet or more is recommended in between RBR and RBS to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.
https://kb.netgear.com/31029/Where-should-I-place-my-Orbi-satellite

One User Experience/Configuration:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/Most-Stable-Orbi-Configuration/m-p/1941087/highlight/true#M970...

@TimFung wrote:
Hi all,
I have a Orbi RBK40 connected to satellite which placed at the next next room. Most of the time, I have no problem on using the WiFi. However, sometimes while I am surfing the internet with mobile/ computer, the network would suddenly disconnect and require few minutes to connect again automatically.
May I ask what’s the problem and solution?

Thank you!

Message 4 of 5
vajim
Master

neighbors?Smiley Happy

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation