Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 - no connectivity

Zoliver
Tutor

RBK40 - no connectivity

After just a short 48 hours with the Orbi, I'm regretting my purchase.  I work from home and have lost my connection 3 times yesterdat, but it reconnected fairly quickly. Today, My connection dropped and I can't get reconnected. Anyone have any ideas before I box this system back up?

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK40 - no connectivity

What connect are you loosing? Wireless or wired? No internet?

Do you have access to the routers web page when you get no connectivity?

What FW is currently loaded on it?

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem its' connected too?

Any wifi nieghbors near by? If so, how many?

Try using manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz.

Try disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast roaming.

Message 2 of 10
Zoliver
Tutor

I'm losing my wireless connection. The one wired connection seems to not have issues, but the sattelite isn't in my office because it has to be close to the front door for our ring doorbell to work.

I downloaded the most recent FW that was available when I set-up. And I'm connected to an Xfinity modem.

Several neighbors are wireless, but I'm a secured network with no guest access available. I'm not sure how to switch channels on the Orbi and am assuming I have the 2.4Ghz available to me.

Message 3 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem its' connected too?

Try using manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz. Found under Basic/Wireless on the routers web page.

Try disabling MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast roaming. Found under Advanced/Advanced Settings/Wireless.

What is the distance between the router and satellite?

Message 4 of 10
Zoliver
Tutor

Thank you Furrye38!

Mimo, Fast roaming and daisy chain are disabled.  I also reached out to support via phone call. The distance between the router and sattelite are approx 25-30 ft.

The sattelites weren't connected to the router, so basically the only functioning piece of equipment was the router. I'm in the process of updating firmware on the sattelites so they will connect.  

In case anyone else needs to do something similar, go to www.orbilogin.com then select the advanced tab --> administration --> firmware update.  If the sattelites aren't at the same version as the router, they need to be moved close to the router, then updated. Once updated, then you can move them back. 

Hopefully this works. If not, I'll be back on the phone.

Message 5 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

So you have connectivity now?

Message 6 of 10
Zoliver
Tutor

Yes, I'm connected. I had to make another call to support. One of the sattelites wouldn't update so they walked me through how to force the update. 

Things seem good right now. My fingers are crossed for tomorrow during the work day. I lost 2-1/2 hours today.

Message 7 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes tomorrow.

Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 10
Zoliver
Tutor

Good news! I made it through the entire work day and haven't lost my connection once. YAY!

Message 9 of 10
FURRYe38
Guru

Sounds like you got it working. Enjoy.

Smiley Wink

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation