Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 upload movie on youtube by wifi

keung006
Aspirant

RBK40 upload movie on youtube by wifi

The youtube upload speed through is extremely slow, it takes 70minutes for 1GB movie. But the speed test shows that the upload speed is 65Mb/s. 

But when I use 4G mobile network to upload the same file, it takes 15 minutes only.
I also used wired LAN wire orbi netwoek to upload the movie, it take 2 minutes to complete uploading process.

Can you help to solve this issue???

Model: RBK40| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK40 upload movie on youtube by wifi

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
What wireless device are you using to upload the file?

Which frequency is the device connected too? if 2.4ghz, might be why.

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
Set WPA2 and AES on the Orbi router and apply and reboot both router and satellite.

Try disabling the following and see:
MIMO, Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 5
keung006
Aspirant

I have followed your instruction one by one. It still doesn’t work. But when I the 5.0Gz from 36 to 40,44. The upload is faster, I finish upload within 10mins. But when I upload another movie, the upload speed remain very slow...
Message 3 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Interesting that changing channels helps however only for the one upload then slows back down.

I think NG support needs to review this.

@Christian_R

Message 4 of 5
Christian_R
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@keung006 - What FW are you on? Please check if your units are on the latest FW and perform factory reset after the FW update

~Christian 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7