Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK40 weak backhaul after v2 firmware upgrade

manuel-c23
Star

RBK40 weak backhaul after v2 firmware upgrade

I own an Orbi RBK40 wifi system.

My satellite unit is a bit far from the main unit (this is why I'm waiting for the wired backhaul implementation), however I got an intermittent blue/orange status light and the connection was ok.

After the v2 firmware upgrade, the backhaul connection is much weaker and I often get the Magenta status light (connection lost). This never happened before the v2 firmware. The funny thing is that when the backhaul connection drops, my laptop can still connect to the main unit wifi, so it seems like the wifi adapter of my laptop is more capable than the Orbi satellite hardware.

Please restore the backhaul connection stability I had before the v2 firmware upgrade.

Message 1 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Re: RBK40 weak backhaul after v2 firmware upgrade

You will need to move your satellite and router, so they are closer together and/or have fewer obstructions between them.

Message 2 of 5
manuel-c23
Star

That's not the point. The point is that the backhaul connection is worse after the v2 firmware upgrade.

Anyway, I can't move them.

Message 3 of 5
st_shaw
Master

Numerous people have reported that the new firmware reduced their backhaul range. You can wait for Netgear to change the firmware such that the range is extended, which may never happen, or you can move the units.  If you do not want to move them, you could try adding an additional satellite in between the existing satellite and router, and using the new daisy-chain feature.

Message 4 of 5
sguzi
Aspirant

Same issue with the RBS50 & RBR50. they have always worked perfectly either end of the house, now I have upgraded to the firmware the range has now been reduced...... funny that happens to co-inside with the new release of SRK60.  what a joke!  wont be upgrading or adding a new sat, will just replace the thing - as they will only continue to reduce the range as new products come out.  

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7