Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK43 or RBK53

Forthay
Tutor

RBK43 or RBK53

Hi,

I tried a RBK53 with two satellites and was very impressed except some devices reported less than a 100% signal strength in certain area's of the house. The router is in the centre downstairs of the house but I'm limited to one of two rooms upstairs and which ever room I choose the devices in the other rooms are worse off. Do members think I'll be better with an RBK43 with three satellite rather than the two of RBK53? Cost is a factor in adding another RBK53 satellite and the house isn't that big but does have thick walls.

Model: RBK43| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Sq Feet if your home. Building material?

Message 2 of 6
Forthay
Tutor

It's a UK converted bungalow (two levels).

Total is about 2000 sq ft

The walls are really thick with either lathe and plaster or brick and plaster.

I thought Orbi 53 would have nailed it but alas no, unless the limited options I do have for situating are just not compatible.

I had one satelite upstairs and which ever room it was in the other room had signal degradation.

The Orbi's themselves didn't report any issues between themselves.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distances between the router and satellites? Feet?

Message 4 of 6
Forthay
Tutor

About 30ft diagonally betwen the router and upstairs satellite in the upper front room.

The other satellite is downstairs to the rear of the house and again about 30ft through at least two walls.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Possible that you might have some signal degradation due to your building materials...nature of the beast espeically on 5Ghz.

I have mine at 40feet in between however just wood and dry wall materials. Nothing brick and stucko.

You may want to try moving the satellites a bit closer to the router, say 5 feet and check.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7