Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK44-100NA Updates on the Max Number of Satellites

Privatebar
Aspirant

RBK44-100NA Updates on the Max Number of Satellites

I have purchased the ORBI RBK44-100NA Whole home Wi-Fi system (8,000 Sq Ft) system. I have deployed with 3 satellites and they are just not enough for the size  /  construction of the home. The home is just over 10,000 Sq Ft and has alot of stone work. Looking for a updated answer to the max number of satellites. We would also like to place one in the pool/spa room and an additional one outside by the docks. I really need 5-6 satellites to make this work correctly. Please advise.  We are not gaming or streaming much at this time. 

Thank you

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Others have mentioned having 6 satellites. That was on a 50 series. I presume the 40 series would work as well. 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Message 2 of 6
Privatebar
Aspirant

WOW Only 30 feet between the devices. I have rooms that are over 40 feet.  Not sure how they can cover 8000 Sq Ft at 30 ft apart.  I really just want a solid solution that is consistent without the ups and downs.  Thank you for your response. I will try and add a few more satellites and see what happens. 

I will provide details once I have tested.

Have a Super day.

Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

30 ft is the recommended starting distance. We've seen users post with distances beyond that. 50 and 60 feet.

Is this for a home? 

Message 4 of 6
Privatebar
Aspirant

Yes this is in one home.

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok. Let us know how it turns out. Smiley Wink

Message 6 of 6