Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK44-100NAS , Does the Ethernet Backhaul work? Accurate instructions on how to set up?

ehsiii
Aspirant

RBK44-100NAS , Does the Ethernet Backhaul work? Accurate instructions on how to set up?

I am getting ready to purchase A orbi router and 3 satellites. The Orbi Home Wifi System AC2200 (RBK44) Becuse of the layout of the house 4000sf on one level I am going to use the ethernet backhaul option. I have read so much about the ethernet backhaul issues in the community. Good and bad. seems some have got it figured out. My question are does it work?  Am i buying the correct one? and is there good instructions somewhere to setup the ethernet backhaul?   Thanks for the help

Model: RBR20|Orbi AC2200 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK44-100NAS , Does the Ethernet Backhaul work? Accurate instructions on how to set up?

Yes, ethernet backhaul works and is being used by lots of people.

Instructions are here: https://kb.netgear.com/000051205/What-is-Ethernet-backhaul-and-how-do-I-set-it-up-on-my-Orbi-WiFi-Sy... 

Having ethernet cables will save you money because the primary difference between this Orbi and the more expensive RBK50 systems is the entirely separate radios for 5G backhaul on the 50's, which you will not need.

Message 2 of 3
ehsiii
Aspirant

Re: RBK44-100NAS , Does the Ethernet Backhaul work? Accurate instructions on how to set up?

There are different orbi systems is the RBK44-100NAS   a good on for a 4000sf or so 1 level really spred out  home with some distance from end to end

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7