Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK44 | Latest firemware issue | 2.3.0.28

fatnasa
Tutor

RBK44 | Latest firemware issue | 2.3.0.28

Hello,

every thing was working just fine with v2.2.1.210 however one i have updated to 2.3.0.28 everything went mad as below :

-  all Satellites are going up and down "no more stable connection"

- Backhaul Status is updated ever 5 to 10 secounds (config sync ==== >  status ==== > config sync ==== >  status ...etc)

- android app doesn't show my Satellites connected (sometimes 1 or 2 or 3 but it's not stable with every refresh) which wasn't the case beofre FW upgrade

once i have downgraded again to v2.2.1.21 , everything is working back  again as expected.

note : i have been testing this for 2 weeks

hope you can check what's the issue with the Latest firmware

Model: RBK44| Orbi AC2200 WiFi System
Message 1 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Please do a full factory ERASE on the satellites and RBR and setup from scratch. 

Ensure the Android app is up to date as well. 

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Post your experiences here please:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Orbi/New-NetGear-Orbi-20-40-Series-Firmware-Version-2-3-0-28/td-p/1...

@fatnasa wrote:

Hello,

every thing was working just fine with v2.2.1.210 however one i have updated to 2.3.0.28 everything went mad as below :

-  all Satellites are going up and down "no more stable connection"

- Backhaul Status is updated ever 5 to 10 secounds (config sync ==== >  status ==== > config sync ==== >  status ...etc)

- android app doesn't show my Satellites connected (sometimes 1 or 2 or 3 but it's not stable with every refresh) which wasn't the case beofre FW upgrade

once i have downgraded again to v2.2.1.21 , everything is working back  again as expected.

note : i have been testing this for 2 weeks

hope you can check what's the issue with the Latest firmware

Message 2 of 6
fatnasa
Tutor

i have already performed full factory reste but that doesn't help, also note that Android app is up to date.

the RBR40 is connected to Peplink balance one while the orbi system is operating in  AP mode

my house is around 4000 square feet

the distance between the router and satellite around haven't been changed since a year , while V2.2.1.210 is installed everything seems to be stable but while 2.3.0.28 is deployed everything went mad Smiley LOL

Message 3 of 6
DickDuke
Apprentice

@fatnasa wrote:

i have already performed full factory reste but that doesn't help, also note that Android app is up to date.

the RBR40 is connected to Peplink balance one while the orbi system is operating in  AP mode

my house is around 4000 square feet

the distance between the router and satellite around haven't been changed since a year , while V2.2.1.210 is installed everything seems to be stable but while 2.3.0.28 is deployed everything went mad Smiley LOL

Did you update the satellites BEFORE updating the router firmware? The satellites can have all kinds of trouble if the router is updated first. Also, if you are doing a manual firmware update, be sure to download and load the correct firmware for each device.

Message 4 of 6
fatnasa
Tutor

yes , the satellites  have been updated successfully before the router.

and i have used the correct firmware file for each device

satellites === > RBS20 FW file

Router === > RBR40 FW file

Message 5 of 6
fatnasa
Tutor

i have tested the new FW ==> 2.3.1.44 and i am still facing the same issue.

so i have downgraded again to 2.2.1.210

does any one know how can i fix this?

thanks in advance.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7