Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Access Control keeps resetting and blocking all devices

RookieRouterUs7
Follower

RBK50 Access Control keeps resetting and blocking all devices

Hi all, recently purchased and setup a new Orbi system for my house in order to deliver ethernet to 2x desktop PC's upstairs. 

After heading into the settings I've noticed that access control was automatically turned on, and set to block all new devices. After some fiddling, it seemed that DHCP was turned off and not renewing leases to new devices. 

Since then, I've switched access control off, and preset it to 'allow all new devices to connect'. However the bloody thing keeps switching itself back on. Could this be an issue with the latest firmware update? 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 Access Control keeps resetting and blocking all devices

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

Please try a factory reset and setup from scratch with the RBR and RBS.

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK50 Access Control keeps resetting and blocking all devices

@RookieRouterUs7 wrote:

Since then, I've switched access control off, and preset it to 'allow all new devices to connect'. However the bloody thing keeps switching itself back on. Could this be an issue with the latest firmware update? 

I know this may be insensitive, but did you remember to click "Apply" after changing Access Controls?  Some Orbi settings take place immediately and others do not actually take effect until they are "applied".

If DHCP is off, then it will not issue IP leases to any devices, new or old.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7