Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 Cannot connect to printers

jim45tn
Aspirant

RBK50 Cannot connect to printers

Have the Orbi RBK50 with two satellites. Network works fine. I had to go to a backup laptop while the main laptop is being repaired. I connect fine to the internet but cannot connect to any of my printers, nor can I conntect to the Router for admin- even hardwired it denied access. Checking the settings with my phone, my laptop is recognized and allowed and my printers show up on the network using other devices such as the iphone. The laptop is a smaller HP 360 with only a 2.4 band on the wireless card but the ORBI is set for both bands.

Just strange I can connect to the internet but no printers. Any ideas?

Message 1 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

What Firmware is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?

Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings try unchecking the 5Ghz broadcast SSID. Apply then try to setup the printers. 

Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Message 2 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

The firmware version is 2.3.1.44. There is no modem installed- it is Fiber Optic.

I tried those changes but nothing has changed. The printers show up on the network but unable to see them from this laptop. Turned off firewalls and virus checkers and still nothing. Thinking of adding a USB wireless to see if the wireless card might be the issue.

Message 3 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Do they show up on other devices or PCs? 

Sounds like something with that laptop then...

Message 4 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

Yes they show up on ipads and iphones so I figured it must be something with the laptop. Strange thing is I cannot connect to the modem as admin even hardwired to it although I can with my iphone

Message 5 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

By modem do you mean the Orbi? 

Message 6 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

Yes, sorry, I meant the Orbi. 

Message 7 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

You should be getting an IP address on a wired PC and able to access the routers web page at orbilogin.com or maybe 192.168.1.1 with a web browser...

Message 8 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

@jim45tn wrote:

Have the Orbi RBK50 with two satellites. Network works fine. I had to go to a backup laptop while the main laptop is being repaired. I connect fine to the internet but cannot connect to any of my printers, nor can I conntect to the Router for admin- even hardwired it denied access. Checking the settings with my phone, my laptop is recognized and allowed and my printers show up on the network using other devices such as the iphone.

While the temporary laptop is connected and browsing the Internet, when you look at the Orbi using the iPhone app, what IP addresses are assigned to:

• The laptop
  • The printers
  • The iPhone
  • The Orbi router itself

Message 9 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

The Orbi is 192.168.1.1

The printers are ...14, ...21

The laptop is ...23

Iphone is ...9

Message 10 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

With an address in the same network as the Orbi router and printers, the laptop should be able to access everything.

When you open a web browser on the laptop and enter 192.168.1.1, what happens?  If you get an error message, can you do a screen capture and attach it?

Message 11 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

Here is a screenshot of the page when trying to access the Orbi

Message 12 of 16
CrimpOn
Guru

Wow.  Have  not seen that one before!  One web site says that Google Chrome sometimes gets this and proposes fixes:

https://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-err_network_access_denied-in-chrome/

In fact, the top 20 hits are all in reference to Chrome.  Guess now is a good time to ask which browser is being used?

Message 13 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

Using Chrome now but also tried Explorer. No different. Last time I used this laptop was using another router never had an issue. I’m going to try a USB network adapter on Friday when I get it to see if that might be an issue but since I can access the internet now I don’t imagine that’s it.
Message 14 of 16
jim45tn
Aspirant

I’ll try that link to Chrome issues anyway just to see if it makes a difference. I appreciate the suggestion.
Message 15 of 16
FURRYe38
Guru

Something in this PC is blocking access. Be sure to also check for security add-ons or software that maybe inhibiting access to this address. 

Try a different PC or laptop to check for access there and compare. 

Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7