Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Disconnects driving me crazy

FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 Disconnects driving me crazy

Just be cause users are having issues may not be fully releated to FW, could also be environment and or HW related. Possible the system this user has is just faulty from the get go. Others are having good experiences with v30. Including myself. 

Message 26 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

Just be cause users are having issues may not be fully releated to FW, could also be environment and or HW related. Possible the system this user has is just faulty from the get go. Others are having good experiences with v30. Including myself. 

In most cases, the system was working FINE before the upgrade.  

Message 27 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

I would try a manual update. Manually download the RBR and RBS FW files. Use a wired PC and web browser, IE11, FF or Opera. Re-send the FW files the RBS first, then RBR. Factory reset both and setup from scratch and see if the problem continues, if so, then revert back to last working FW version on the RBR. 

Let us know how this goes. 

@tadslc wrote:

Did no manual update, Orbi checked for updates when I installed

Message 28 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@FURRYe38 wrote:

I would try a manual update.

Didn't I just say that?

Message 29 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Any progress on this? 

Message 30 of 33
tadslc
Tutor

Not really

Haven't done much since my last posts which I believe was Wednesday evening.

I played around with satellite placement last night though but really couldn't find anything that seemed to work any better. But the more I thought about it the more I'm thinking this isn't a satellite issue because when it disconnects averything disconnects.

I bought this system from Amazon as a refurbished unit and it wouldn't surprise me if someone returned it because of the disconnects. The upside is I have 30 days to return so I can still play around with them but since I'm just a somewhat computer illiterate guy, I'm running out of options.

One other thing that confuses me are suggestions on this post are often rebuttled by someone else so I have a hard time knowing who to believe.

Message 31 of 33
Retired_Member
Not applicable

@tadslc wrote:

Not really

One other thing that confuses me are suggestions on this post are often rebuttled by someone else so I have a hard time knowing who to believe.

Good luck...I hope it works out.  

In a open forum such as this, what appears to be rebuttling, is simply folks stating their opinion and hopfully trying to help.  As a user, one must sort through it and decide which makes the most sense.  Private messages to the ones offering the suggestions or to the community moderators is another option.

Message 32 of 33
FURRYe38
Guru

If this is a re-furb unit from amazon, and it's not working well. I would return it and either get something you know thats NEW if possible or go with something else. I've encountered this as well with a different Mfr router before with Amazon. There good and refunds and replacements. 

Good Luck. 

@tadslc wrote:

Not really

Haven't done much since my last posts which I believe was Wednesday evening.

I played around with satellite placement last night though but really couldn't find anything that seemed to work any better. But the more I thought about it the more I'm thinking this isn't a satellite issue because when it disconnects averything disconnects.

I bought this system from Amazon as a refurbished unit and it wouldn't surprise me if someone returned it because of the disconnects. The upside is I have 30 days to return so I can still play around with them but since I'm just a somewhat computer illiterate guy, I'm running out of options.

Message 33 of 33
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 32 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7