Discussion stats
Announcements

Top Contributors
Reply
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

@NoNo_BadDog  I got a beta firmware and its working fine now, past few days i havnt seen IPV6 drop connection any more. I am not sure i can send you the beta firmware or not, but you can proactively contact with Netgear team and send them your Debug file, just message @Blanca_O , your case may contribute to improving Netgear IPV6 technology, there are quite few complains upon it.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 51 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Glad that a beta seems to have fix this, finally. Smiley Frustrated

Hope This will help those with IPv6 and it gets released in the next FW update. 

@NoNo_BadDog 


@Joechang wrote:

@NoNo_BadDog  I got a beta firmware and its working fine now, past few days i havnt seen IPV6 drop connection any more. I am not sure i can send you the beta firmware or not, but you can proactively contact with Netgear team and send them your Debug file, just message @Blanca_O , your case may contribute to improving Netgear IPV6 technology, there are quite few complains upon it.


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 52 of 65
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

How do we get this beta firmware?

 

i posted msg in the other forum and nothing.

 

just purchased Orbi system, newest released firmware is slower in wireless throughput all radios due to slow processor in router and satellite with high cpu usage with no extra settings enabled.

 

downgraded back one version of firmware and get faster wireless throughput to clients on 866 and on Backhaul wireless to satellite. Still wireless throughput between router and satellite on the supposed 1733 link Backhaul doesn’t actually use 1733 speeds.its like it’s always stuck in 866 mode. Bringing a file over from my nas connected to main routerI get up to 600Mbps.

 

copying back over from satellite to router 350-400Mbps. 

 

30 feet or more distance between satellite and router same floor and height.

 

my r7900p from Costco and a r7000 in media bridge mode can copy one way over 1300 link at 800-900Mbps and about 400-500Mbps the other direction.

 

only issue with this setup r7900p likes to disconnect clients because of stupid google devices connected broadcasting multicast crap. So the media bridge either resets, locks up or loses connection.

 

i need 24/7 stability because I have a nas server at the end of the satellite in office area and my router and modem in living room area and can’t be moved.

 

hoping beta or newer firmware is more efficient and optimized and provides faster speeds all around and on Backhaul.

 

there is no way the Backhaul is running at full 1733 speed dedicated to satellite.

 

i think it’s 2 separate 866 links, one set for Backhaul and lan then the other link and set is for clients to and from satellite so those speeds don’t interfere with the Backhaul.

 

still the processor in these dam things are too old And slow to keep up with wireless throughput and hardware acceleration. I bet the drivers, software can’t even be optimized anymore.

 

come on Netgear need help!

Message 53 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

 

This thread is for IPv6 issues. Please create an new post and with your information and we'll help you out. Include the Orbi model you have. The beta is for only to fix an IPv6 issue seen in this thread. 


@skyhawk21 wrote:

How do we get this beta firmware?

 

i posted msg in the other forum and nothing.

 

just purchased Orbi system, newest released firmware is slower in wireless throughput all radios due to slow processor in router and satellite with high cpu usage with no extra settings enabled.

 

downgraded back one version of firmware and get faster wireless throughput to clients on 866 and on Backhaul wireless to satellite. Still wireless throughput between router and satellite on the supposed 1733 link Backhaul doesn’t actually use 1733 speeds.its like it’s always stuck in 866 mode. Bringing a file over from my nas connected to main routerI get up to 600Mbps.

 

copying back over from satellite to router 350-400Mbps. 

 

30 feet or more distance between satellite and router same floor and height.

 

my r7900p from Costco and a r7000 in media bridge mode can copy one way over 1300 link at 800-900Mbps and about 400-500Mbps the other direction.

 

only issue with this setup r7900p likes to disconnect clients because of stupid google devices connected broadcasting multicast crap. So the media bridge either resets, locks up or loses connection.

 

i need 24/7 stability because I have a nas server at the end of the satellite in office area and my router and modem in living room area and can’t be moved.

 

hoping beta or newer firmware is more efficient and optimized and provides faster speeds all around and on Backhaul.

 

there is no way the Backhaul is running at full 1733 speed dedicated to satellite.

 

i think it’s 2 separate 866 links, one set for Backhaul and lan then the other link and set is for clients to and from satellite so those speeds don’t interfere with the Backhaul.

 

still the processor in these dam things are too old And slow to keep up with wireless throughput and hardware acceleration. I bet the drivers, software can’t even be optimized anymore.

 

come on Netgear need help!


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 54 of 65
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

I wonder why so many are having this issue and others with exactly the same hardware no issues?
I turned on IPV6 over 6 months ago, am on the current FW and haven't reset my router once.

Strange indeed. Wonder if it's ISP related?

Hope the beta FW helps you guys.

Message 55 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

What ISP do you have and what ISP Mfr and model# modem/ONT do you use? 

Using v210 FW on your Orbi? 

Glad yours has been working. Been hard on others. I presume that it maybe a FW and HW issue between the Orbi and the ISP services/modem. 


@globespy wrote:

I wonder why so many are having this issue and others with exactly the same hardware no issues?
I turned on IPV6 over 6 months ago, am on the current FW and haven't reset my router once.

Strange indeed. Wonder if it's ISP related?

Hope the beta FW helps you guys.


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 56 of 65
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Maybe different connection type, i am using Dual stack Via PPPoE, ONT on Bridge mode, and previously it drop connection every few days. 

Not sure there were issue on AP mode

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 57 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Shouldn't be an issue if the Orbi is in AP mode. IPv6 depends on the router mode. AP mode would be just pass thru. 


@Joechang wrote:

Maybe different connection type, i am using Dual stack Via PPPoE, ONT on Bridge mode, and previously it drop connection every few days. 

Not sure there were issue on AP mode


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 58 of 65
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

For past 1 week my IPV6 connection was solid and stable, no more disconnection further. so i believe Netgear team has found the root cause of many IPV6 connection drop problems. just doubt will it considered into next version firmware? if Netgear release new firmware, should i upgrade? Waiting for official response. 

 

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 59 of 65
Highlighted
Mentor

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

This is not an official response board.... this is a community of folks who give help and good advice.

 

Having said that, if there is additional new firmware, my recommendation is to take it for addditional stability and capability.

 

Firmware revisions build upon each other and typically dont lose capability with new releases.

---------------
My Equipment: Cox Cable (350Mb/35Mb), Orbi AX6000 (RBR850, RBS850), w/2 x RBS50) (Wired backhaul), NG GS116PP Gigabit Smart Switch, Synology DS1019+ NAS
Message 60 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

I would review the release notes first before upgrading. You might ask the NG support person you have been working with about this and see what they say. Ask them to please include this fix in to upcoming release. Something you can ask about. 

 

Glad it's working for you now. Hope the fix comes to everyone else soon. Smiley Wink


@Joechang wrote:

For past 1 week my IPV6 connection was solid and stable, no more disconnection further. so i believe Netgear team has found the root cause of many IPV6 connection drop problems. just doubt will it considered into next version firmware? if Netgear release new firmware, should i upgrade? Waiting for official response. 

 


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 61 of 65
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Hey just got confirmed from Netgear support team, they will fix this issue permanently from next firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your support as well.
Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 62 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Good to hear. Thanks for all your work and helping NG get this fixed. 

Enjoy now. 

Smiley Wink


@Joechang wrote:
Hey just got confirmed from Netgear support team, they will fix this issue permanently from next firmware upgrade.

Thanks for your support as well.

 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 63 of 65
Highlighted
Apprentice

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Xfinity

SB8200 modem

Message 64 of 65
Highlighted
Guru

Re: RBK50 IPv6 Stops Working

Thanks for letting us know what you have. 


@globespy wrote:

Xfinity

SB8200 modem


 


My Setup (Cable 900Mbps/50Mbps)>CAX80>Orbi RBK50 v2.5.1.16(Router Mode)
Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200, Orbi CBK40, Orbi RBK50/RBK853, R7800, R7960P, EX7500/EX7700, XR450 and WNHDE111
Message 65 of 65