Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 - Lose connection to wired devices once I connect to third party VPN client.

BruceBarrera
Follower

RBK50 - Lose connection to wired devices once I connect to third party VPN client.

Hello all,

I just recently purchased and installed an Orbi RBK50 system in my home.

I have 3 wired devices attached to it (PS4, NAS QNAP storage and my computer from which I'm writing) and I always used PIA (private internet access) client from the wired PC to access and download stuff directly to my NAS nut since I replaced my old ASUS RT-AC66U with the Orbi system, if I connect to the VPN client immediately I lose access to the NAS storage and even the Orbi admin page. Any device that requires to be accessed with an internal IP is lost. My computer is still connected to the internet though.

The NAS has a fixed IP (192.168.0.161) and the Orbi is on 192.168.0.1

Any help on how to setup/configure Orbi so I can connect to my third party VPN client and still use my wired devices?

thanks

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 - Lose connection to wired devices once I connect to third party VPN client.

Something to see if this is a Orbi issue, put the Asus router back online, DISABLE ALL wifi on the ASUS, configure the Orbi up as AP mode. Does VPN work for you then with your local devices? 

@BruceBarrera wrote:

Hello all,

I just recently purchased and installed an Orbi RBK50 system in my home.

I have 3 wired devices attached to it (PS4, NAS QNAP storage and my computer from which I'm writing) and I always used PIA (private internet access) client from the wired PC to access and download stuff directly to my NAS nut since I replaced my old ASUS RT-AC66U with the Orbi system, if I connect to the VPN client immediately I lose access to the NAS storage and even the Orbi admin page. Any device that requires to be accessed with an internal IP is lost. My computer is still connected to the internet though.

The NAS has a fixed IP (192.168.0.161) and the Orbi is on 192.168.0.1

Any help on how to setup/configure Orbi so I can connect to my third party VPN client and still use my wired devices?

thanks

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7