Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 - No internet connection

hamzaminhas
Tutor

RBK50 - No internet connection

I just bought an RBK50. I have Spectrum internet with an Arris TM1602A modem. The Orbi router is not recognizing an internet connection despite the modem being connected to the internet. The old router that Spectrum provided works just fine and recognizes the internet connection, but Orbi does not. 

I've followed the instructions multiple times. Rebooted modem, rebooted router, let the modem fully reset before turning on the router, and still nothing.

Any suggestions will be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 17

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 - No internet connection

Thanks for letting us know. Please mark your post thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@hamzaminhas wrote:
I ended up sending it back and ordering another unit. The new one was up and running pretty easily with none of the issues of the first one. It’s been a few months now and no issues. Apologies for not having a solution to help.

View solution in original post

Message 15 of 17

All Replies
CrimpOn
Guru

"Just bought" means that you get 90 days of telephone support.  (Most of us who frequent this forum are WELL past our support, which is one of the main reasons we use the forum.)  Once you register the product on the Netgear web site, there is a link to "Support" where you can contact Netgear directly.

If I were in your position, I would register the Orbi and call Netgear.

Message 2 of 17
hamzaminhas
Tutor

Thank you. Apologies, should have clarified - I bought it refurbished on an amazon warehouse deal. I tried going the Netgear support route but it wouldn’t let me because the original purchase and registration had expired.

Any solutions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Message 3 of 17
plemans
Guru

What firmware is on your Orbi?

Message 4 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Did you power OFF the ISP modem and RBR for 30 seconds, then power ON the modem first and let it sync, then power ON the RBR and walk thru the setup wizard with a wired PC and web browser? 

Are you getting flashing WHITE light on the top ring then BLUE or PINK?

https://kb.netgear.com/31030/What-do-the-LEDs-on-my-Orbi-mean

@hamzaminhas wrote:

I just bought an RBK50. I have Spectrum internet with an Arris TM1602A modem. The Orbi router is not recognizing an internet connection despite the modem being connected to the internet. The old router that Spectrum provided works just fine and recognizes the internet connection, but Orbi does not. 

I've followed the instructions multiple times. Rebooted modem, rebooted router, let the modem fully reset before turning on the router, and still nothing.

Any suggestions will be greatly helpful.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 17
hamzaminhas
Tutor

I did power cycle as you described below and used the setup wizard. I tried it first with the phone app on my iPhone, and then with the browser on my Macbook. It was not wired, however, but I don't see why that would make a difference. The WiFi is working just fine, and connecting to the router perfectly - the router just doesn't connect to the internet. 

On occasion I got the white light, first it flashed, then a solid white light. Though it may have been blueish - I can test again when I get home. 

I'll also confirm firmware once I try again.

Thanks!

Message 6 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Try swapping LAN cables between the modem and router as well. 

Message 7 of 17
hamzaminhas
Tutor

Thank you - also tried already, tried three different LAN cables. The same LAN cable is being used with the old router and it works just fine.

Message 8 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

So does connecting a wired PC directly to the ISP modem result in getting internet access? 

Wondering if your RBR is bad or faulty...

Message 9 of 17
hamzaminhas
Tutor

Yes, and I also have internet access with the old router, just not with the RBR. 

My fear is that it's faulty too, but thought I'd explore all solutions before having to send it back. 

Message 10 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

if you have facotry reset and exhausted all troubleshooting, I would get another system in. Send this one back. I would inform the seller of this unit and ask them to send it back to NG. 

Message 11 of 17
fdease12
Aspirant

Me too, today..  Any luck?

Thanks, Frank

Message 12 of 17
Friasfamily2
Aspirant

just bought a second hand rbk50 with a satelitte and when i resetted the devices and run the App to set up new device my WIFI on my phone or ipad cant find the signal and sometimes it finds the signal but fails to connect,can anyone help please called support and they wanna charge $89.99 for 6 months , good job on times like this 

Model: RBK53|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System
Message 13 of 17
hamzaminhas
Tutor

I ended up sending it back and ordering another unit. The new one was up and running pretty easily with none of the issues of the first one. It’s been a few months now and no issues. Apologies for not having a solution to help.
Message 14 of 17
FURRYe38
Guru

Thanks for letting us know. Please mark your post thread as solved so others will know. 

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@hamzaminhas wrote:

Message 15 of 17
CrimpOn
Guru

@Friasfamily2 wrote:

just bought a second hand rbk50 with a satelitte and when i resetted the devices and run the App to set up new device my WIFI on my phone or ipad cant find the signal and sometimes it finds the signal but fails to connect,can anyone help please called support and they wanna charge $89.99 for 6 months , good job on times like this 

Generally, it is not productive to introduce a new problem into an existing post.  Many people think, "I know about that post," and don't open it any more.  You might get more help with a new post titled something like, "Used Orbi, Cannot Set Up."

Did you follow this procedure to Factory Reset both the Orbi router and satellite:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cMw4ePACgc4 

I have never set up an Orbi using the "app".  I have a vague suspicion that the Orbi serial number may be "registered" to someone else and the app thinks it has already been set up.

I always use the Orbi web interface.  When you power up the Orbi router (by itsefl), the WiFi SSID & password should be as printed on the product label (on the bottom).  Connect to the Orbi (either WiFi or ethernet - I prefer ethernet), open a web browser to http://orbilogin.net and begin the setup process.

Message 16 of 17
Friasfamily2
Aspirant

@CrimpOn yeah sorry i meant to post new one, new to this sorry i will post a new one soon 

thank you 

Message 17 of 17
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 16 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7