Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 — Orbi AC3000 Router issues

faranyaseen
Tutor

RBK50 — Orbi AC3000 Router issues

Hi i own RBK50 — Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System,  my i purchased this kit when it first come out and was replaced by 2 routers due to having issues. 

the replacement router i have now is playing up my broadband speed from the virgin media router via ethernet is 350mbps and also wifi is the same as soon i connect my orbi router the speed drops below 150mbps. Spoke to one adviser she straight said you need to buy a new router.. But my warranty on replacement shows expired 2022

why do i need to buy a new router? Can i not request a replacement ? 

Past few weeks my internet has been playing up i have 2 more satellites connected to my router. 

I have attached my replacement router warranty info 

Message 1 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

@faranyaseen wrote:

Hi i own RBK50 — Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi System,  my i purchased this kit when it first come out and was replaced by 2 routers due to having issues. 

the replacement router i have now is playing up my broadband speed from the virgin media router via ethernet is 350mbps and also wifi is the same as soon i connect my orbi router the speed drops below 150mbps. Spoke to one adviser she straight said you need to buy a new router.. But my warranty on replacement shows expired 2022

why do i need to buy a new router? Can i not request a replacement ? 

Past few weeks my internet has been playing up i have 2 more satellites connected to my router. 

I have attached my replacement router warranty info 

What equipment did your ISP provide?
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?
What device is your Orbi router connected to?
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router?
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi.

What type of cable is connected to your ISP modem/router?
Wrong size cable can cause slow speed.
Example: Cat 5 will give you 10/100 Mbps

Message 2 of 7
faranyaseen
Tutor

What equipment did your ISP provide? Hub 3.0
What is the current firmware on your Orbi device?  V2.5.1.16
What device is your Orbi router connected to?  hub 3.0 virgin media
Have you changed the network cable connected from the ISP device to your Orbi router? its 1000mbps cat 6 
Disable Circle, Armor, Daisy Chaining, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and uncheck 20/40Mhz Coexistence.
Set Short preamble mode. Save settings, reboot Orbi. Done

What type of cable is connected to your ISP modem/router? cat 6 
Wrong size cable can cause slow speed.
Example: Cat 5 will give you 10/100 Mbps

Message 3 of 7
Mstrbig
Master

Are you running the Orbi rouiter in AP mode or Router mode?

If you have not done so, it's better to switch the hub into modem-only mode and set the Orbi to router mode? You should get a faster connection that way.

Message 4 of 7
faranyaseen
Tutor

Ive set Virgin media into Modem mode and Orbi is the router mode from the date of purchase. Its been working fine for first 2-3 years since updates have come my connections been playing up more often now. 

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Has a full power OFF on the ISP modem and RBR for 1 minute then back on performed yet? 

Try a factory reset as well if the power cycle doesn't seem to change anything. 

@faranyaseen wrote:

Ive set Virgin media into Modem mode and Orbi is the router mode from the date of purchase. Its been working fine for first 2-3 years since updates have come my connections been playing up more often now. 

Message 6 of 7
faranyaseen
Tutor

Havent turned the modem off for 1 minute... 

ive reset the orbi yesterday and the 2 satelites etc. 

will turn the modem off and orbi router off for 1-2minutes and start up again. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7