Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Orbi Router- Wifi pw does not show correctly in web interface or Genie app after firmware upgr

GKACK
Tutor

RBK50 Orbi Router- Wifi pw does not show correctly in web interface or Genie app after firmware upgr

I have used an 11 character wifi password that includes 2 special characters.  No issues until a recent firmware upgrade to the 2.1.1.12 version. I had missed several firmeware versions since the update check button did not show anything available. I upgraded router and sattellites manually.

When router reset, only the wired devices reconnected.  I checked settings and the wifi password appeard to have been reset to something I used over 8 months ago (probably original one I set).  I changed it but it seemed to then show on web interface and in Genie app as something a little different from what I had entered.  After a few tries, most (25) of my wireless devices reconnected (2 dlink smart plugs did not).  But when I checked the web interface and the Genie app, the wifi password that shows up is only 8 characters long.  It shows the first 7 characters correctly and then the 11th character correctly (happens to be a special character).  So the wifi password being used seems to be correct (11 characters that all devices were set up with ) but what shows in the web interface and Genie app is an 8 character password.  

This device is at a remote location so I am somewhat limited right now in doing anything other than via the web interface or the Genie App.  

Thanks in advance for any guidance.

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Re: RBK50 Orbi Router- Wifi pw does not show correctly in web interface or Genie app after firmwa...

I know there are some issues with spaces being in passwords and $ signs we are going to fix those in the next firmware.

DarrenM

Message 2 of 4
webminster
Luminary

Re: RBK50 Orbi Router- Wifi pw does not show correctly in web interface or Genie app after firmwa...

Would it be possible for Netgear to be a little more up-front about what bugs it's tracking here, priorities and any expectations on updates?  Lots of issues being reported, but no real feedback from Netgear.

Message 3 of 4
GKACK
Tutor

Where is the fix for this? A reboot changes my wifi password and devices will not reconnect without resetting the pw. After reset it doesn't appear in the settings the way it was input yet the devices reconnect. But some devices do not reconnect which makes this issue more troubling.
Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7