Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50, RBK52W or RBK53 - that is the question...

mcnylen
Aspirant

RBK50, RBK52W or RBK53 - that is the question...

Hi, new to this community. I am finally committed to buying the Orbi, but which one? 2 story house plus basement (3K sq ft). The cable comes into the basement in my home office (there is a ps4 downstairs and a Directv in the workout room). Main floor only has two tvs (direct TV) and adults on their phones, top floor is the Main TV (Direct TV), One of the two PS4, and teenagers on phones and tablets. Originally I thought the RBK 50 was the way to go. RBK 53 seems overkill, but what about the RBK52W? Currently I have a repeater on the top floor and the main floor is actually spotty. Top floor is fine. Any thougths?

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50, RBK52W or RBK53 - that is the question...

Any chance you get get ethernet up to the main floor or top level? It's recommended to have wifi routers on main level or top level of houses for best operation and coverage. 

3000sq ft the RBK50 with one Satellie to start should be good. I have a 5000sq ft house, main router is up on top level at one end of the house and 1 Satellite is at main level at the opposite end. Stellar range, coverage and performance inside and out. I would review the RBK22 for your size of house. 

Message 2 of 4
mcnylen
Aspirant

Thanks for your reply. I have the cable modem coming into my office in the basement and would prefer having it there since I am connected with wire. I have ethernet going up to Main and top floor as well though.

Message 3 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Basements are great for wifi. You can test it out and see how well it works for you. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7