Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 - Router Light Ring Pulses White And Internet Drops

anthony17
Follower

RBK50 - Router Light Ring Pulses White And Internet Drops

Hi everyone, for the past few months I have been having issues with my RBK50. For some reason, the light ring pulses white for about a minute and the internet drops and then restores like nothing happened. I am not sure what is causing this and I woul appreciate any help anyone can give me. The problem only lasts for about a minute. I am running firmware version 2.1.2.18. Has anyone else had similar issues with this model?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBK50 - Router Light Ring Pulses White And Internet Drops

.18 has reported problems

you may want to fall back to .14

Call Netgear support

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 2 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem? Buillt in router by chance?

As VAJim suggested, you might revert back to v2.0.1.4. Use IE11 or FF browser to send the file. Factory reset both Router and Satellites. Set up the Orbi router first.

Set Manual channel to 1, 6 or 11

Set WPA2 and AES only.

Disable 20/40Mhz Coexistence

Disable Beamforming and MIMO, Daisy chaing and Fast Roaming if any of these are available after downgrading.

@anthony17wrote:

Hi everyone, for the past few months I have been having issues with my RBK50. For some reason, the light ring pulses white for about a minute and the internet drops and then restores like nothing happened. I am not sure what is causing this and I woul appreciate any help anyone can give me. The problem only lasts for about a minute. I am running firmware version 2.1.2.18. Has anyone else had similar issues with this model?

Message 3 of 5
RGT3
Aspirant

I am having the exact same problem.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 4 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the Mfr and model of the ISP modem? Buillt in router by chance?

What version of FW are you using? If v.18 then you might want to revert back to v2.0.1.4.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7