Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Router & Satellite are showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page

zap1
Tutor

RBK50 Router & Satellite are showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page

RBK50 Router & Satellite are currently showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page. When I check for firmware update, it says no update required. Do I need to perform a manual update to get latest version 2.1.x.x?

When I setup my Orbi system for the first time last week, it correctly showed l needed to update to 2.0.0.74 (the latest version at that time)

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
zap1
Tutor

Re: RBK50 Router & Satellite are showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page

Thank you both for the quick reply. 

Based on what I am seeing here for version 2.1, I prefer not to manually install it at this time.

Hopefully, the apparent 2.1 bugs identified in recent posts are fixed prior to the automatic update roll-out.

This board is a tremendous resource to identify and resolve most issues.  I have spent several hours pouring thru the various posts to get a feel for issues and what I might need to do should and issue show up on my system.  A big "hat tip" and thanks to all the problem solvers who contribute to this board!

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 5

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: RBK50 Router & Satellite are showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page

@zap1 wrote:

RBK50 Router & Satellite are currently showing firmware version 2.0.0.74 on the firmware update page. When I check for firmware update, it says no update required. Do I need to perform a manual update to get latest version 2.1.x.x?

When I setup my Orbi system for the first time last week, it correctly showed l needed to update to 2.0.0.74 (the latest version at that time)

If you'd like to yes, or wait for it to be auto upgraded.

Message 2 of 5
Hydro130
Luminary

When a new firmware is released, it's pretty common for the Netgear product team to announce it here (and on Reddit and other techie forums) and give we forum users the opportunity to load it via manual upload before they make it more widely available (and later mandatory!) via the auto-upload tool.

Since many folks who monitor these forums tend to be more of a power-user than the average bear, then this gives those users a chance to load the firmware before it's more widely released.

I suppose this also allows the product team to monitor initial responses on these forums, and if necessary, they could possibly delay the auto-upload rollout if forum users find some kind of show-stopper issue. 

But I don't belive the intent of this "early-release" offering is to do final beta testing or anything like that.  Thus far, I've never seen a f/w version number change from early release (manual upload) to "final" release (making available/mandatory via auto-upload).

Message 3 of 5
zap1
Tutor

Thank you both for the quick reply. 

Based on what I am seeing here for version 2.1, I prefer not to manually install it at this time.

Hopefully, the apparent 2.1 bugs identified in recent posts are fixed prior to the automatic update roll-out.

This board is a tremendous resource to identify and resolve most issues.  I have spent several hours pouring thru the various posts to get a feel for issues and what I might need to do should and issue show up on my system.  A big "hat tip" and thanks to all the problem solvers who contribute to this board!

Message 4 of 5
Hydro130
Luminary

FWIW, this latest 2.1 firmware is rock-solid for me - installed smoothly with no hiccups, and my Orbi is giving me better than ever performance.  Hopefully, this proves durable and consistent, but so far so good!

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7