Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Samsung TV Connection Issues

JGlover812
Aspirant

RBK50 Samsung TV Connection Issues

I have a client who's internet is working perfectly with his ORBI-RBK50 System. The issues is that his Samsung TV will successfully connect to the internet and can stream Netflix, etc. but for some reason I think the router is preventing the TV from connecting to the Samsung Server for downloads, apps, updates, etc. 

The TV just can't connect to Samsung Servers. Is something on the Router (or settings) blocking this from occurring? Ideas? 

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

Re: RBK50 Samsung TV Connection Issues

@JGlover812 wrote:

I have a client who's internet is working perfectly with his ORBI-RBK50 System. The issues is that his Samsung TV will successfully connect to the internet and can stream Netflix, etc. but for some reason I think the router is preventing the TV from connecting to the Samsung Server for downloads, apps, updates, etc. 

The TV just can't connect to Samsung Servers. Is something on the Router (or settings) blocking this from occurring? Ideas? 

The router has nothing to do with it. Regarding Samsung TVs, the owner has to register the TV, verify it and setup a Samsung account before being able to use any smart features. Your customer could reset the TV or at least the network and see if it fixes it, as it could be a registration issue, if they have an account. 

Message 2 of 4
JGlover812
Aspirant

I did verify that the samsung accounts were setup on the TV. I reset them and signed them back up/in. 

I ended up having to renew the lease on the router. That seemed to solve the issue. Strange?

Message 3 of 4
Mstrbig
Master

@JGlover812 wrote:

I did verify that the samsung accounts were setup on the TV. I reset them and signed them back up/in. 

I ended up having to renew the lease on the router. That seemed to solve the issue. Strange?

Actually that makes sense. Sometimes a device will just not connect until a release and renew, or complete shutdown and restart of network system is performed. I have had stubborn network cards that will not make a network connection, until I completely shut down the PC and unplug it from power for a minute or 2. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7