Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 Satellites

kennethjart
Tutor

RBK50 Satellites

We have the rbk50 router and one satellite.  I’d like to buy an additional satellite to improve-boost coverage in our home.

Which one do I buy?  Thanks

Message 1 of 8

Accepted Solutions
kennethjart
Tutor

Re: RBK50 Satellites

Thanks very much- appreciate such a fast reply.

View solution in original post

Message 7 of 8

All Replies
ekhalil
Master

The most matching Satellite to your current RBK50 setup is RBS50. This will give you the best wireless backhaul capability (up to 1.7Gbps). 

You can also use RBS20, RBS40 or RBW30. All those satellites will give you a backhaul with max 867Mbps capability.

Also the RBS50 will give you the widest radio coverage, after that will come RBS20 and RBS40 and then RBW30 with the least coverage.

Message 2 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

Message 3 of 8
kennethjart
Tutor

Home sq ft= 1850

Current sarellite is about 30 ft away from router.  However, our home has plaster walls and our modem and router have to back in a corner of house.  Our setup works pretty well but we experience some buffering issues sometimes.  We cut cable a couple months ago and now only stream. Thanks for your input👍🏼

Message 4 of 8
kennethjart
Tutor

Thank you so much for this information.  I appreciate it.  Will update.

Message 5 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Maybe the addition of one satellite could be needed. Ensure it's placed at 30 feet away from the router and the other satellite. 

Good Luck. 

Message 6 of 8
kennethjart
Tutor

Thanks very much- appreciate such a fast reply.

Message 7 of 8
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know how it goes. Smiley Wink

Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements