Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 - Syncing/Adding Satellite Does Not Work

Healthcare
Aspirant

RBK50 - Syncing/Adding Satellite Does Not Work

I've had an orbi RBK50 and satellite set up for about 6 months (firmware: V2.2.1.210) with minimal issues but two days ago found that the satellite had lost connection (turned magenta). I tried some normal steps to get it connected again, unplug it, moved it closer to the router, unplug the whole network, try a factory reset, factory reset the satellite and the router, but everything just got me to syncing the satellite and it not showing up.

Regardless of if I do the setup wizard or go through the control panel or try just hitting the two sync buttons it ends with the satellite going blue for a bit then turning off all lights, or going blue for a bit and then going magenta for a while. No matter what I try and can't get the satellite added but if I go in range of it it'll try to switch over to it, it still shows up on my wi-fi list as the default ORBI06, which will just stop my device from working.

Any ideas? Or is the satellite just busted?

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I would make contact with NG support and see what options you have avialable. Might ask about and RMA if thats available. Seems like the satellite is bad.Smiley Sad

@Blanca_O 

@Healthcare wrote:

I moved the router and satellite into the same room to troubleshoot, so it shouldn't have any issues with that.

I can select the SSID for the satellite but it doesn't connect, it just sits there trying with no success. It's like it's broadcasting but not the right stuff.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 7

All Replies
FURRYe38
Guru

What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials when wirelessly connected.

Are you trying to sync the satellite in the same room as the base router and it's still failing. 
Seems like you've mostly done all you can for this satellite. 

There is a FW update, however it needs to be fully connected to the base before updating. Can you connect a laptop to the default SSID you see and access it's web page any?

Sounds like it's not getting connected at all. 

Message 2 of 7
Healthcare
Aspirant

I moved the router and satellite into the same room to troubleshoot, so it shouldn't have any issues with that.

I can select the SSID for the satellite but it doesn't connect, it just sits there trying with no success. It's like it's broadcasting but not the right stuff.

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Ok, I would make contact with NG support and see what options you have avialable. Might ask about and RMA if thats available. Seems like the satellite is bad.Smiley Sad

@Blanca_O 

@Healthcare wrote:

Message 4 of 7
Healthcare
Aspirant

I contacted support and after an hour of troubleshooting we agreed the issue was the satelite. I RMA'd the defective unit back and have received the new one and it's been working great so far.

Message 5 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us now how the new satellite works. 

@FURRYe38 wrote:

@Healthcare wrote:

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Enjoy. Smiley Wink

@Healthcare wrote:

I contacted support and after an hour of troubleshooting we agreed the issue was the satelite. I RMA'd the defective unit back and have received the new one and it's been working great so far.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7