Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 With 2 sattelites losing internet speed

NowayDude
Guide

In the living room 40 mb, still connected to RBK50 router.
Message 26 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

I getting crazy : 250mb upstairs connected to the router downstairs . Satellite is 1 meter away. But downstairs still 40Mb.
Message 27 of 45
ekhalil
Master

Do you always see that the Satellites are connected to the Router in star topology, or does it change to daisy chain any time?

Is Daisy Chain enabled in the advanced wireless settings?

Message 28 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Hello Ekhalil,

It is now disabled . I was enabled earlier with the same result.
Message 29 of 45
ekhalil
Master

@NowayDude wrote:
Hello Ekhalil,

It is now disabled . I was enabled earlier with the same result.

Good, so what is the status now, do you still see speed issues?

Message 30 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Hello Ekhalil,

Unfortunately the same results. The strange thing is that if I reboot the router the speed is everywhere 250Mb. After a couple of hours is goes to 40Mb. I post hereby the channels in my area. I have changed it a couple of times without any result.

Message 31 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

And hereby the other channel. 

Message 32 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Excuse me, I am Spiti (Guest) and my neighbours are Ziggoxxxx and H36xxxxx.
Message 33 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

2 days ago and yesterday I started all over again. First with only the router, then one satellite and the other day de second satellite. Same results. 40/45 Mb. And the strange part it is after rebooting the router I have everywhere 250Mb and after a couple of hours it goes back to 40Mb.
Message 34 of 45
ekhalil
Master

From the wifi scan you provided, it doesn't look to me that this can be a result of interference.

What I suspect is that thhis is caused by one or more of your devices. I saw this many times in my Orbi. Orbi's performance can be affected by the connected devices,

If you have the time and possibility then please try to disconnect all devices and attach them one by one (with some time in between to allow the slow down issue to appear) and see if you can find something out of that procedure.

Message 35 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Hi Ekhalil,

Sometimes I’m thinking it has to do with Apple HomeKit. I’m having 2 HomePods and 2 AppleTV’s , so 4 HomeKit Hubs.
Message 36 of 45
ekhalil
Master

@NowayDude wrote:
Sometimes I’m thinking it has to do with Apple HomeKit. I’m having 2 HomePods and 2 AppleTV’s , so 4 HomeKit Hubs.

Any of those devices wired to Orbi? I think you mentioned earlier that the HomePods were wireless.

Do you have the possibility to disconnect those 4 devices, reboot Orbi and see if you'll get the slow down after couple of hours?

Message 37 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Both the AppleTVs and both the HomePods are wireless. I will try it.
Message 38 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

I have 2 AppleTVs and 2 HomePods., so 4 Hubs. 1 AppleTV is upstairs and I noticed before that this was the main HomeKit Hub and the others were standby. I have disabled the one upstairs and made by unplugging 1 HomePod as the main Hub and the rest stand-by. We are now 12 hours further and it looks good. I have also done a reboot and enabled backhaul -topology again. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Message 39 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

I saw that the Orbi has downloaded the new firmware and installed it. Fingers crossed 🤞.
Message 40 of 45
ekhalil
Master

Sounds good. Let's see! 🙂

Message 41 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Wow, have immediately downloaded the older firmware and reinstalled it again. The new update 2.5.0.36 was not stable enough. I have to wait again for the results.. 🤞
Message 42 of 45
ekhalil
Master

@NowayDude wrote:
Wow, have immediately downloaded the older firmware and reinstalled it again. The new update 2.5.0.36 was not stable enough. I have to wait again for the results.. 🤞

Which firmware are you now using? How is it doing?

Message 43 of 45
NowayDude
Guide

Sorry for the delay in answering the questions. I went back to 2.3.5.30 and have now the appletv downstairs as main HomeKit Hub (the others are l stand-by). I have also updated all the apple stuff to 13.1.2. I do have a good connection for a couple of days now. I think the solution was to have the (main) HomeKit Hub connect to the router and not to a satellite. For now on I am happy and I would thank you all for your help.
Message 44 of 45
ekhalil
Master

Thanks for the info @NowayDude. Looks like the HomeKit hubs is another source of IP loops in Orbi when not correctly configured.

Message 45 of 45
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 44 replies
  • 18 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7