Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 accident, satelite is dead

jschweiss
Follower

RBK50 accident, satelite is dead

In short, I knocked my RBS50 satelite off its perch last night and it seems very dead (no lights, no connection, no response).  That leaves me with my lone RBR50.  The only items that come up in my searches for new satelites seem to cost more than a whole new kit.  If I buy a new (or reconditioned) kit, can I use the additional RBR50 as an extra satelite?  Would I be able to step down to an AC2200 satelite or do I need to stick with AC3000?  Some of these seem like common sense questions but I'm still flustered from my clumsy act of destruction.

Thanks!

Model: RBR50|Orbi AC3000 Tri-band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 accident, satelite is dead

RBRs can only be used as main router WiFi or AP mode WiFi. They don't work as satellite extenders. 

@jschweiss wrote:

In short, I knocked my RBS50 satelite off its perch last night and it seems very dead (no lights, no connection, no response).  That leaves me with my lone RBR50.  The only items that come up in my searches for new satelites seem to cost more than a whole new kit.  If I buy a new (or reconditioned) kit, can I use the additional RBR50 as an extra satelite?  Would I be able to step down to an AC2200 satelite or do I need to stick with AC3000?  Some of these seem like common sense questions but I'm still flustered from my clumsy act of destruction.

Thanks!

Message 2 of 3
CrimpOn
Guru

Re: RBK50 accident, satelite is dead

@jschweiss wrote:

Would I be able to step down to an AC2200 satelite or do I need to stick with AC3000?

Any Orbi satellite will function with the RBR50 router.  They will not achieve the same maximum backhaul rate, but they will work.
As you have noticed, the issue seems to be finding a vendor that sells satellites by themselves.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7