Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 and RBS40

Chrilado
Aspirant

RBK50 and RBS40

Hi just a quick question hopefully I won't look too stupid asking.
I have the RBK50 - and have bought a RBS40 add on satellite, are they compatible? (As one is a "50" and the other a "40")
Thank you
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
Ralph052
Guide

Re: RBK50 and RBS40

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
Ralph052
Guide

Absolutely!
Message 2 of 7
Chrilado
Aspirant

Thanks for the quick reply
Cheers
Message 3 of 7
raven_au
Virtuoso

Another question related to this is, will the standalone RBS50 models be available (they aren't aailable in Australia yet) and if so when.

Message 4 of 7

the rbs50 should be available in OZ soon im guessing its a stock thing

i will ask higher up and see what response i get for you

pete

Message 5 of 7
raven_au
Virtuoso

@peteytesting wrote:

the rbs50 should be available in OZ soon im guessing its a stock thing

i will ask higher up and see what response i get for you

Thanks for that.

Wireless in my home is generally quite good because, having seen noticable improvements with the newer wireless chips, as a general policy I always get devices of AC 1733 or better. That equates to RBS50 series for the Orbi devices. I could make do with an RBS40 but I'd rather not.

I got an RBK50 kit just the other day and I like it, so far it's working well, but wireless is slow in our master bedroom at the front of our house, farthest from the router and satilite so I think another unit in between will improve it.

I suspect the most difficult aspect of Orbi performance is placement of the units, given the restrictions of location of incoming Internet and availability of power points, and also the presence of obsticales.

Ian

Message 6 of 7

yes my internet fiber comes in at the back of my house so i had ethernet run from there to the center of the house and run the orbi router there and a sat at ether end

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7