Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 droping connection

ma_tin
Aspirant

RBK50 droping connection

I have recently bought an RBK50 Orbi router and satellite.  The satellite on my ground floor has a wired connection to the router in the cellar.  The router is connected to a fibre modem (and router) with a theoretical 10 GBit/s bandwith provided by my local telecom company. 

I have updated the system to the newest firmware version (2.1.4.10).  Nevertheless, I do have several issues:

- All my devices (several iPads, iPhones, computers a Philips Hue system, a Sonos system as well as several Netatmo devices) constantly drop their connections.  They seem to work fine for two to three minutes and then loose the connection to my wireless system.

- Some of my devices (especially an iPad mini as well as a normal iPad) have problems with the password.  Whenever I enter the password manually, they do not recognize the password as correct (and tell me that I have entered a wrong password).

- Whenever I start using a device the connection in the first minute is rather poor.  Only after approx. one minute the wireless signal improves massively.

On the positive side:  Even though I cannot connect the Orbi system with the special 6a categorie LAN cable to the 10 GBit/s port of the router provided by my telcom provider, my wireless system still reaches max. bandwiths of 900 Mbps.

Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 droping connection

The router should be place UP on the main floor if possible for best coverage.

What channels are you using? Try 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz.

Any other wifi neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Set WPA2 and AES only.

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP Modem/ONT?

I would disable the Sonos system and test. Sonos is known for there own wifi which maybe interferring with the Obi system.

Disable MIMO, Daisy Chain and Fast Roaming on the Orbi router.

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7