Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 no apple watch wifi connection

Globi
Aspirant

RBK50 no apple watch wifi connection

Hi

Usually the apple watches connect via wifi when its on the same network as the iphone but not within bluetooth range. This works in all the wifi networks I have access to even a mesh network unify ubiquity. But for some reason it does not work within my orbi network with two rbs50 sattelites. It just does not connect to our apple watches (version 2 and 3, newest firmware).

Does anyone expirience the same or the contrary?

Thanks, Globi

Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 8
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Just tested this and I see my Apple watch connected on the 2.4 ghz band on the Orbi router. 

Message 2 of 8
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

Did you make any progress on this?

Message 3 of 8
Globi
Aspirant

Yes I could solve the problem:

1. Disconnect iPhone from wifi Network ‚ignore‘

2. Turn off Bluetooth on the iPhone

3. Switch off apple watch

4. Reconnect wifi on iPhone (reentering password needed)

5. Turn on Bluetooth on the iPhone

6. Turn on apple watch again.

I cannot figure out if it was a orbi.specific problem or more a problem of the iPhone and the apple watch, but I dont care as long as it works now.

Greets

Message 4 of 8
aaz
Virtuoso
Virtuoso

I've also seen Orbi issues where some devices are not showing up as connected on the Orbi device list, but they are connected on the wireless. Not sure if that is supposedly fixed in latest firmware, but maybe not completely.

Message 5 of 8
jschwalbe
Initiate

This has worked for me in the past, but it eventually (for some reason) stops working. How long has this solution worked for you?

Message 6 of 8
oldcake
Aspirant

homekit device with 2.4G wifi is same problem.

Message 7 of 8
kenr954
Aspirant

Solution that worked for me: I changed the 2.4GHz channel from "Auto" to a specific channel (I chose channel 1).  None of my other 2.4GHz devices were having issues, but as soon as I applied the change my watch connected and stayed connected.  I'm assuming the issue all along was interference on the 2.4GHz channel my Orbi was auto-selecting - might also be why some are having only sporadic issues.

Perhaps the watch is especially sensitive to interference, pretty disappointing if that's the case.  Resolution was passed back to the Apple Support supervisor to share with the engineers.

Model: RBK53| Orbi Router + 2 Satellites Orbi WiFi System
Message 8 of 8
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7