Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 packaging says up to 4000 sq ft coverage. Is this normal?

ozaz
Aspirant

RBK50 packaging says up to 4000 sq ft coverage. Is this normal?

Hi,

I recently purchased an RBK50 system from Amazon. The Netgear and Amazon web-pages for this system advertise it as covering up to 5000 sq ft. However, the box I received (which is definitely for RBK50 and not RBK40) describes the system as covering up to 4000 sq ft.

Have there been different variants of RBK50 with different ranges?

Should I be concerned that the range on the packaging is lower than the range advertised on the internet?

The full model number printed on the box is RBK50-100UKS

Thank you 

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 4
TheEther
Guru

You should take the advertised coverage with a big grain of salt. Actual coverage is going to highly depend on your environment. This includes the layout of your residence, the construction materials of your walls, the presence and strength of nearby Wi-Fi networks and other sources of radio frequency noise. In other words, YMMV.
Message 2 of 4
st_shaw
Master

I believe Netgear revised the range upwards, from 4K to 5K SF, after the product was released.  That's why the box says one thing and the Internet says another.  The hardware is the same.

As @TheEther said, don't pay too much attention to this spec, as it will highly depend on your environment.

Message 3 of 4
ozaz
Aspirant

Thanks. I do understand I should take the actual numbers with a grain of salt. What I'm concerned about is if there have been multiple revisions of this model and if I have received an older revision that has a lower performance than the currently-advertised revision. 

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7