Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 rebooting multiple times per day

peterloron
Follower

RBK50 rebooting multiple times per day

I have an RBK50 set up in my condo. Both the base and satellite (wireless backhaul) are on the latest firmware. Muiltiple times per day the router reboots. I know it is rebooting because I can see the "[Initialized, firmware version: V2.2.1.210]" message in the log. There are no errors in the log, just normal messages.

I have done the factory reset. Support has been ignoring my tickets. One was closed with no resolution, and the second one I opened has had no response for weeks.

I'm out of the 90-day free phone support window, but I need to get these defective units replaced.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 2
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: RBK50 rebooting multiple times per day

What is the Mfr and model# of the ISP modem the NG router is connected too?
Is the Orbi system operating in Router or AP mode?

What is the size of your home? Sq Ft?
What is the distance between the router and satellite(s)? 30 feet is recommended in between them to begin with depending upon building materials.

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.

Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

If you live in a condo with many other wifi neighbors you maybe in a wifi congestion environment that would cause this reboot. 

You can set the power output setting of the Orbi from 100% to 50% and see if this helps. 

@peterloron wrote:

I have an RBK50 set up in my condo. Both the base and satellite (wireless backhaul) are on the latest firmware. Muiltiple times per day the router reboots. I know it is rebooting because I can see the "[Initialized, firmware version: V2.2.1.210]" message in the log. There are no errors in the log, just normal messages.

I have done the factory reset. Support has been ignoring my tickets. One was closed with no resolution, and the second one I opened has had no response for weeks.

I'm out of the 90-day free phone support window, but I need to get these defective units replaced.

Any help greatly appreciated!

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7