Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

RBK50 setting on Huawei hg865

oia6
Follower

RBK50 setting on Huawei hg865

Hi,

I just bought the rbk50 and I cannot connect to internet.

I have an ONT Huawei EchoLife HG865. I put cable in ethernet port in Huawei, cable in Rbk50 and app does not find internet. I used PPPoE password and user name in Orbi app and it does not find internet connection.

I am trying to replace old router with RBK50.

Many thanks for support/ideas
Model: Orbi High-Performance AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi System (RBK50)
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions

Re: RBK50 setting on Huawei hg865

so the ONT Huawei EchoLife HG865 is pretty much a media converter and thats all it is , so it wont be that stopping you from connecting

if you old modem / router worked when connected to the HG865 then it suggests one of a few things

1. your rsp may only allow 1 mac address to be connected at any one time and you may need to power of the HG865 for ten minutes of so and then turn it on with nothing connected , let it power up so you get the 2 green lights on the left , then connect the orbi to the correct uni-D port use before and then other end to the yellow port on the orbi and then redo the orbi initial setup ( suggest you try and make sure the orbi router and sat/s have the latest firmware installed even b4 trying to connect )

2.as above the rsp may not allow more than 1 connection and you could find out the old routers ewan mac address and spoof it onto the orbi ( to do this you would have to choose the manual install methodd )

note if you have a battery backup unit you may need to disconnect the battery as well to make this work

im in australia and on fttp with the same NTD and my rsp optus only allows 1 connection and ether of the above work here

pete

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies

Re: RBK50 setting on Huawei hg865

so the ONT Huawei EchoLife HG865 is pretty much a media converter and thats all it is , so it wont be that stopping you from connecting

if you old modem / router worked when connected to the HG865 then it suggests one of a few things

1. your rsp may only allow 1 mac address to be connected at any one time and you may need to power of the HG865 for ten minutes of so and then turn it on with nothing connected , let it power up so you get the 2 green lights on the left , then connect the orbi to the correct uni-D port use before and then other end to the yellow port on the orbi and then redo the orbi initial setup ( suggest you try and make sure the orbi router and sat/s have the latest firmware installed even b4 trying to connect )

2.as above the rsp may not allow more than 1 connection and you could find out the old routers ewan mac address and spoof it onto the orbi ( to do this you would have to choose the manual install methodd )

note if you have a battery backup unit you may need to disconnect the battery as well to make this work

im in australia and on fttp with the same NTD and my rsp optus only allows 1 connection and ether of the above work here

pete

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7