Introducing the Orbi 970 Series Mesh System with WiFi 7(BE) technology. For more information visit the NETGEAR Press Room.

Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: RBK50 speeds issues and latest SW

Damit1
Apprentice

RBK50 speeds issues and latest SW

Hi there

So, I have upgraded to Orbiz last FW.

I dropped the issue of speeds, because every 4-5 speed test , speeds are still drops to 600.

Now, upload for some reasom for 2 months is limities 60M/110M~, wirelessly.

4 devices which used to get arround  120-130 in 5Ghz.

Wired is ok though

I have started from factory default after upgrade.

Model: RBK50| Orbi AC3000 High-Performance Tri-Band WiFi System
Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Let us know if you see any differences after the reset and setup from scratch.

What wireless devices are you using to wireless speed test? 

What channels are you using? Auto? Try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and any unused channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?
What WPA security modes are you using?

Try enabling Beamforming and MIMO. Under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings

Try disabling the following and see:
Daisy Chain, Fast Roaming, IPv6 and Set 20/40Mhz Coexistence to 40Mhz only. Save settings and reboot the router and satellite(s).

Message 2 of 7
RAH001
Aspirant

How does one manually set the channel for each of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? One of my devices is apparently challenged to connect to 5Ghz routers. I am thinking to set the 2.4Ghz channel to something more common such as Channel 11, in the hopes the device will pick up on that band.  PS the device is a Jandy Aqualink (connects our swimming pool through Internet, allowing us to control such remotely from our iPhone).

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

On the Basic Tab/Wireless Settings. 

You can temporarily disable the 5Ghz SSID from being seen to test under Advanced Tab/Advanced Settings/Wireless Settings. Uncheck the Enable 5Ghz SSID check box.

@RAH001 wrote:

How does one manually set the channel for each of 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz? One of my devices is apparently challenged to connect to 5Ghz routers. I am thinking to set the 2.4Ghz channel to something more common such as Channel 11, in the hopes the device will pick up on that band.  PS the device is a Jandy Aqualink (connects our swimming pool through Internet, allowing us to control such remotely from our iPhone).

Message 4 of 7
Chuck_M
Mentor

Hey you said you updated the firmware but never said what version you were on.  Can you please check both your router and your satellites and tell us the version numbers you see there?

Message 5 of 7
Damit1
Apprentice

2.4Ghz- Was auto- changed due to your advise to 11 Ch.

5Ghz- Configured to 36 Ch because it is "closest" on the scale. The 5Ghz analyzer seems no other nets in the range.

WPA2 PSK (AES)

Beamorming and MIMO were disabled, I thought they lowered my speeds, just enabled them again.

During the writing of this comment I enabled, and speed test and they did indeed lowered the speeds.  

So what is checked here is only

Daisy Chain (allows faster perfomenance)- got 1 Sat only.

and Fast Roaming.

Where/ How do I set the 20/40Mhz to 40Mhz only, it just let you check the box or not, without option to select anything else.

IPV6 and Traffic Meter are diabled by default.

Let me know if I corget anything here

Message 6 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Try with out MIMO. Beamforming shouldn't effect speeds. 

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7